+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chelthenham now Tuesday (Mar 6th)

I'ts got to be good news with no football in the way we can start another scintillating political debate just to keep our minds sharp. Shall we discuss the merits or perils of Brexit for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    I’ve no argument with the postponement, but why the mad rush to rearrange the game for next Tuesday? At 8.00pm on that evening, the temperature is predicted to be a balmy 5C, leaving everyone who goes shivering in their seats.
    Seems a very sensible decision to me, to put it back to April would mean we go two weeks without a game. All the forecasts say the pitch should have thawed by then, and 5C is nothing out of the ordinary for a midweek game at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I'ts got to be good news with no football in the way we can start another scintillating political debate just to keep our minds sharp. Shall we discuss the merits or perils of Brexit for a change?
    Or even the correct use of apostrophes?

One of the downsides is how many Notts fans can support the club at such short notice, at such a distance and with still quite perilous travel conditions?
    I know I won't be going this time.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    No acrimony meant in this post Sidney .......... just think about the question I ask.

If hypothetically the whole world became educated would you foresee worldwide anarchy taking place? Would welcome your thoughts because it's not a nice thing to say that millions must stay uneducated but scary if indeed everybody in the world had the same general knowledge. My old father in law ( a great reader) once opined it would happen one day. Just asking that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I had spotted it sid but could'nt be arsed to edit. As it ever crossed your mind that as an ex teacher? journalist? & now author word have been the tools of your trades all of your life? for many of us who have been involved with more hands on jobs the need to study words has been much less. Most people with a particular line of work could lose others when discussing tools or materials that they use daily & you are no different but it doesn't mean you are anything special or impressive, just boring imo.

I had spotted it sid but could'nt be arsed to edit. As it ever crossed your mind that as an ex teacher? journalist? & now author word have been the tools of your trades all of your life? for many of us who have been involved with more hands on jobs the need to study words has been much less. Most people with a particular line of work could lose others when discussing tools or materials that they use daily & you are no different but it doesn't mean you are anything special or impressive, just boring imo.
    Them were the days Old'un .... my tools were mechanical engineering. Still reckon I could file and fit a Gib headed tapered key. Also in them days the tool I was born with was often used

Don't take on, Ancient. It was meant as mischievous fun. You're an articulate poster so I knew it was a one-off. Stay war'm.
    El Sid

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    No acrimony meant in this post Sidney .......... just think about the question I ask.

If hypothetically the whole world became educated would you foresee worldwide anarchy taking place? Would welcome your thoughts because it's not a nice thing to say that millions must stay uneducated but scary if indeed everybody in the world had the same general knowledge. My old father in law ( a great reader) once opined it would happen one day. Just asking that's all.
    To begin to answer this I would need your definitions of 'educated' and 'uneducated'.

Excellent post serious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast