+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Club statement...

Quote Originally Posted by eastfifearabman View Post
    I think we are all skeptical.

Some more than most.

How about we give him his chance to be his own man, while at the same time get behind the foundation and prepare for the worst anyway?
    Agreed, time will tell

Desposing of the "bulk" of his shares.

That's not ALL.

Important choice of words there.

Desposing could simply mean moving them to United FC Group (his and Martin's American dream vehicle) perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Desposing of the "bulk" of his shares.

That's not ALL.

Important choice of words there.

Desposing could simply mean moving them to United FC Group (his and Martin's American dream vehicle) perhaps?
    So resigning as chairman means he can take no salary is that correct?

and resigning from the board means what exactly?

retaining his shares or disposing of them.....i.e. to another company he's involved in benefits who?

Correct on salary unless he is performing some function in an employee capacity.

Resigning from board means very little while he's majority shareholder.

On final point. He may need to put some shares into another company in order to get funding from the money men he's talking to about the US club. They may want a Man City style parent company that owns stakes in multiple clubs. New York City, Man City, Melbourne City etc.

City Group - United FC Group? Pretty obvious where the name change inspiration came from.

As to who it benefits, only time will tell.

Until he sells up i'll no be buying a season ticket. The rat has nearly killed United.

Glad that hes gone as the negativity around the club for last few years started with him and was never going to be able to regain any trust or positive feeling towards the club until he left.

he's made mistakes and tried to rectify them but hasn't been able to so was never going to be able to do anything right in some fans eyes. i think he announced the leaving at the end of the season to try and get some fans on side to support the club for rest of the season but obviously didnt work so needed to leave now to get fans to support the team rather than bothering about him.

im hoping this can maybe get fans back to concentrating on supporting the team rather than focusing on hate campaigns on ST. Martin seems similar to ST but that doesnt mean we should write him off straight away. give the chance to improve our circumstances. first thing he can do is reassure all united fans that we have a future even if we don't go up this season. An open dialogue between the board and fans will do a lot to get people on his side. Hoping this is the start of a new era at tannadice where we can focus on us getting back up.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
    Until he sells up i'll no be buying a season ticket. The rat has nearly killed United.
    I agree, this could be another ploy to encourage fans to buy season tickets instead of boycotting. I’ll be holding onto my cash until it’s confirmed he’s sold his shares and he is not in a position of any kind of control, including being able to join forces with another (MM) to maintain control. The Thompson’s have had their time at Tannadice, some of it good, some of it has been soul destroying. He should leave and his family name begone for good.

Great news. Agree with Darren’s post entirely. Let’s focus on supporting the team now!!

ST resigned - good

ST selling bulk of shares - good that would have been better if selling ALL

MM in charge - chairman and likely to buy ST shares from what seems to be implied. I don’t know enough about MM to know if this is ok. If he is still in league with ST that’s not good. Does he have money or intend to invest it?? Does he have global sport and business ambitions like it says ST does!

Lots of questions about MM I’d like to know though the fact ST seems to be going had to be good

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    ST resigned - good

ST selling bulk of shares - good that would have been better if selling ALL

MM in charge - chairman and likely to buy ST shares from what seems to be implied. I don’t know enough about MM to know if this is ok. If he is still in league with ST that’s not good. Does he have money or intend to invest it?? Does he have global sport and business ambitions like it says ST does!

Lots of questions about MM I’d like to know though the fact ST seems to be going had to be good

As the old saying goes......'the devil's in the detail!'

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)