+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Club statement...

Now that the first part of what most of us see as the way ahead is on his way out, will there be enough patience amongst us to see how the revival will shape up?

Initial thoughts are a resounding no if MM has been part of the follies of ST that have seen us sell players at ever reducing amounts that have the wiff if desperation about them. Add in Australia and now America, then you have to wonder what else has been going on that we have not yet found out about.

I would love to give MM a clean slate and hear what he says on Monday but i need to know more about him and what his plan for next season is?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Now that the first part of what most of us see as the way ahead is on his way out, will there be enough patience amongst us to see how the revival will shape up?

Initial thoughts are a resounding no if MM has been part of the follies of ST that have seen us sell players at ever reducing amounts that have the wiff if desperation about them. Add in Australia and now America, then you have to wonder what else has been going on that we have not yet found out about.

I would love to give MM a clean slate and hear what he says on Monday but i need to know more about him and what his plan for next season is?
    I agree with most if this, we have to have a clear out at boardroom level these guys have been culpable of giving Tacit approval of his decisions so for me, those yes men have to go

Fair enough but unfortunately we don’t have the option or power as fans to choose chairman.

ST had that power and has chosen one of his allies.

It’s good if ST goes though and then the club can get on with the next chapter.

I’d like to know more about MM but even a google search doesn’t reveal much at all. To be fair to him he has managed to potentially get ST out the door which is more than anyone else has managed

Aye, give the boy a chance. You don't have to be popular to be successful. At least there is a shift of power in the board room. We need something to kick start our club. Someone to stop the mental recruitment policy of the last few seasons and think longer term. That has got to be a youth based model. We could learn from Hamilton. St Johnstone too managed to build from just such foundations.

I think both those clubs show you need a good manager. Alex Neil got Hamilton up and tommy Wright has looked after St J for years now.

Does anyone know much about MM? Is he an actual united supporter?

‘Arguable the most loyal and passionate fans in the country’. Decent start MM

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...-1-4699433/amp

Reading some of the posts above says it all - why on earth are we taliking about 'starting from the bottom with the youth". We did that 40 - 50 years ago under Jerry Kerr and then Jum and to be fair under Sir Craig more recently. We shouldn't be needing to start again at all, we should be a well established (as we were) top 6 top flight Club with a strong first team with a strong underlying youth system.

My question would be 'why aren't we'?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Reading some of the posts above says it all - why on earth are we taliking about 'starting from the bottom with the youth". We did that 40 - 50 years ago under Jerry Kerr and then Jum and to be fair under Sir Craig more recently. We shouldn't be needing to start again at all, we should be a well established (as we were) top 6 top flight Club with a strong first team with a strong underlying youth system.

My question would be 'why aren't we'?
    Where have you been since Peter Houston departed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Where have you been since Peter Houston departed?
    Oh I've been around alright - just thought I'd state the bleedin' obvious.

Agree totally

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)