+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Club statement...

[QUOTE=stokearab;38818322]
    Quote Originally Posted by RaysRedEye View Post

You're right, if the pattern continues this is exactly what will happen. There has been no pressure on ST that would make him enter meaningful dialogue, so he didn't. Once (if ever) the fan groups create pressure maybe things will be different. Maybe Martin will be different but no-one is holding out for it.

The problem now it seems is that the shares are divvied up to prevent new ownership. If MM and ST are mates ST is not going to sell his shares to an outsider that would tip Martin out. Is how I'm reading it from here.

With ST parking his shares at moment because let’s face he’s not going to get many offers at the moment......we’ll not at his value which is perhaps part of the ruse....MM with 33% has the voting power to do their bidding without ST needing to show face.

The pressure was on Stephen, season ticket books were about to be an utter disaster, irrespective of the alleged intelligence level , he must have realised he wasn’t going to sell any season tickets in the current mess and hence the current figurehead switch. These are all cynical moves for money I fear but only on the surface and not the underlying problems in the running of the club.

[QUOTE=Hoofballer;38818440]
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

With ST parking his shares at moment because let’s face he’s not going to get many offers at the moment......we’ll not at his value which is perhaps part of the ruse....MM with 33% has the voting power to do their bidding without ST needing to show face.

The pressure was on Stephen, season ticket books were about to be an utter disaster, irrespective of the alleged intelligence level , he must have realised he wasn’t going to sell any season tickets in the current mess and hence the current figurehead switch. These are all cynical moves for money I fear but only on the surface and not the underlying problems in the running of the club.
    This is absolutely bang on the money. The Snake must think we're all zipped up the back.

[QUOTE=Hoofballer;38818440]
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

Thats why i think its reasonable of the fans to get assurances from the club prior to committing to purchasing a season ticket, and the club should be expecting this and have answers or at least promises for us

[QUOTE=smirky4;38818477]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post

Thats why i think its reasonable of the fans to get assurances from the club prior to committing to purchasing a season ticket, and the club should be expecting this and have answers or at least promises for us
    Totally agree.

The announcement should never have been about Stephen it should have been a roaring fanfare for thenew man, his vision, his plans, his changes ahead, his thoughts on the future, where the club is heading and how he shall turn this mess ( which he is as guilty as ST off creating ) around into a positive time ahead.

Instead it’s all about Stephen and we’ll get some more later, wrong in my book, not what’s needed, MM has had 7 years as a Director to see what’s wrong and what’s required to turn it round, surely the opening speech shouldn’t have been too hard too write.......

“There must be some kinda way out of here
    Said the joker to the thief”

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    “There must be some kinda way out of here
    Said the joker to the thief”
    There's too much confusion
    I can't get no relief

Business men,
    They take my ST money,

[QUOTE=RaysRedEye;38818248]
    Quote Originally Posted by smirky4 View Post
    MM has a clean sheet with me

I hope he comes out and says the right things in the press but more importantly his actions are what our club needs[/QUOTEq

And there lies the problem. MM wont say f all. ST wont say f all. Remember when Spence was going to be cummunicating between the fans and the board? He said F all . . .and swiftly Fd off. Gussie sold. Nobody says F all. Thompson resigns. Nothing said again apart from press speculation. Someone like Jimmy Fyffe needs to act a go between and engage with the fans as all we've had for years is silence and "We need your season ticket money". Something needs to change, someone needs to engage with the fans.

What is David Southern for?

The only time i will believe anything coming out of Tannadice is of any benefit to me or my fellow supporters will be the day that the whole board and Southern are away.To be honest i do not recognise the club in its current form as being the club i have supported for over half a century.
    There have been many years during my time supporting the club that the team on the park were average at best but the players,coaching staff,manager and BOD gave everything to the cause,at this present time i have very little interest in Stephen Thompson's club.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The only time i will believe anything coming out of Tannadice is of any benefit to me or my fellow supporters will be the day that the whole board and Southern are away.To be honest i do not recognise the club in its current form as being the club i have supported for over half a century.
    There have been many years during my time supporting the club that the team on the park were average at best but the players,coaching staff,manager and BOD gave everything to the cause,at this present time i have very little interest in Stephen Thompson's club.
    This is my position also, Man o' War. I feel the Club has been ripped away from me and replaced with something else of a far inferior quality. It's a very different Dundee United FC. I would not bat an eyelid if the club in its present state disappeared. I would however, still long for the Club of yesteryear.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)