+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shareholders Meeting in The Copthorne Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    More holidays with Judith Chalmers
    Corrected for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Corrected for you.

You old saucepot,enjoy your excursion

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    You old saucepot,enjoy your excursion
    Hopefully it does not involve an incursion.

Enjoy Ronnie

If not, I think Foxy from S2 is there and I expect some form of summary later from him. I don't think anyone has to sign non-disclosures like at the Sty.

There's a few snippets which are cut and pasted and paraphrased below.

The football club still jointly owned, opportunity to transfer to HRH in Feb (triggered by HRH) was not taken forward and it is now in litigation.

Issues are to do with personalities and lack of understanding on how to run the club.
    Sounds like McCabe and HRH have disagreed on quite a few things but he’s being diplomatic.
    McCabe stressing must maintain the culture and heritage and not call fans customers.
    Relationship with HRH seems very strained they talk but not much (McCabes own words).
    He thinks they will have a face to face sit down soon and sort out their differences.
    The dispute is about the property valuation.
    The takeover is a big if and not a when.
    Owners hope to sort out differences before next seasons preparations.
    McCabe and Wilder think the way back to the premier league is to stick with British and Irish players and not go international
    Van Winkle disagreed.
    The sheikh hasn’t generated any sponsors which is a disappointment think he promised to bring a few in.

McCabe summing up....his task is to get the sheikh to understand Sheffield United.

There you go.

"McCabe stressing must maintain the culture and heritage and not call fans customers."

If McCabe is concerned about the Prince taking over our beloved club, then it should be a worry to us all

It would be interesting, but not very likely, to get the prince to host a similar meeting to get his opinion, his view, his take on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    "McCabe stressing must maintain the culture and heritage and not call fans customers."

If McCabe is concerned about the Prince taking over our beloved club, then it should be a worry to us all

Its a cheap line though isn't it. Maintaining our culture and heritage doesn't mean putting it in a glass case. I kind of get the feeling that King Kev just wants HRH to go on, changing nothing, whereas HRH wants us to develop with overseas players, and maybe other initiatives. (I guess that's what the Van Winckle thing was about).

Q: Which was the last team to get promotion with just British and Irish players? Genuinely don't know.

Just got back and was going to put a report but FKB has summarised it perfectly.

Kevin McCabe was very diplomatic, almost extraordinarily so. As FKB mentions he kept referring to the ‘culture and ethos’ of the Club over and over again. He also said more than once that The Prince was a decent man.

That said beneath it all I think all is not well and we must have faith in Mr McCabe to ensure the best outcome for the Club and the fans long term.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Just got back and was going to put a report but FKB has summarised it perfectly.

Kevin McCabe was very diplomatic, almost extraordinarily so. As FKB mentions he kept referring to the ‘culture and ethos’ of the Club over and over again. He also said more than once that The Prince was a decent man.

That said beneath it all I think all is not well and we must have faith in Mr McCabe to ensure the best outcome for the Club and the fans long term.
    Sorry to steal your thunder SJH! Just cut and pasted from S2...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast