+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Shareholders Meeting in The Copthorne Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Roll on the Brentford game.UTCB

Its international break Rod. Perfect time for pointless peeing contests!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Its international break Rod. Perfect time for pointless peeing contests!
    A peeing contest which you've commented on twice now. Oh and agreed totally with one of those involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    All I would ask is that as an owner/shareholder of the Club is McCabe not entitled to make something out of it? Or is he expected to do it all for his love of the Blades?..............
    All that's required is that he puts in whatever is needed to appease those who don't even go anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I think its naive to imagine that owning a second tier provincial trophy dodging football team means anything much in terms of winning construction business in China. If I were looking for a partner on a major construction project, I'd be looking for someone with a strong track record of success on major construction projects. I might find it interesting that they also own a football club, (like in the chat over lunch kind of way) but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference whether to go with them or not.

But if the association with SUFC and Chengdu did give him any kind of advantage, then so what? Chengdu was out of his own pocket, like Fradi was, not out of SUFC coffers. Its clearly documented in the accounts that Kevs minimum spend on shovelling cash down the SUFC hole has been over £60million, so if he gets a few bob back from playing it smart, well so what? Anyone would think 'entrepreneur' is a dirty word...
    At the time it was first happening in China 2002we were a top end championship team (triple assault season) and when Chengdu was acquired 2005 (with money from the club coffers) we had a prem season shortly after , I think it’s very naive of you to think he didn’t generate extra business of the back of it.

Now I am not saying he shouldn’t earn any money on the back of the football club , quite the opposite actually but when I see the crocodile tears for the 60million he’s put in I believe he has got it back in other ways through being the owner of SUFC and through being good at what he does in the property business.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    All that's required is that he puts in whatever is needed to appease those who don't even go anymore.
    Because of him !

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    Because of him !
    Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    A peeing contest which you've commented on twice now. Oh and agreed totally with one of those involved.
    Don't get me wrong Holden, I'm quite enjoying this discussion, although I can't get the sense of any of us changing our views because of it.

At the time it was first happening in China 2002we were a top end championship team (triple assault season) and when Chengdu was acquired 2005 (with money from the club coffers) we had a prem season shortly after , I think it’s very naive of you to think he didn’t generate extra business of the back of it.

Now I am not saying he shouldn’t earn any money on the back of the football club , quite the opposite actually but when I see the crocodile tears for the 60million he’s put in I believe he has got it back in other ways through being the owner of SUFC and through being good at what he does in the property business.
    Wrong again. 2001/2002 we finished 13th. Hardly "top end". The deal was signed before the 2002/2003 season started so the triple assault had nothing to do with it.

Neither Scarborough or McCabe is sixty million plus better off either. More facts for you to chew on.

It's my fault for posting facts I suppose and checking things out. Not allowed when talking about McCabe.

You seem to have the angle that as he made money in China that he 'owes' this to the clubs reputation or standing.

I think its a bit far to suggest that SUFC 'opened doors' into large construction projects that he wasn't able to open through Scarborough Developments, (a well known and successful international brand in their own right.). I'm suggesting that whatever money Kev has made in Construction projects in China is off the back of his reputation and that of Scarborough Devleopments, and that he more than likely would have had success in China whether he owned us or not.

The bit that he really didn't have to do was him shoving £60m down a hole to keep the club safe. For sure he made that money through Scarborough Developments some of which will have come from projects in China, but how much of that was swung solely by his ownership of the club is highly dubious imo.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast