+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Shareholders Meeting in The Copthorne Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    You seem to have the angle that as he made money in China that he 'owes' this to the clubs reputation or standing.

I think its a bit far to suggest that SUFC 'opened doors' into large construction projects that he wasn't able to open through Scarborough Developments, (a well known and successful international brand in their own right.). I'm suggesting that whatever money Kev has made in Construction projects in China is off the back of his reputation and that of Scarborough Devleopments, and that he more than likely would have had success in China whether he owned us or not.

The bit that he really didn't have to do was him shoving £60m down a hole to keep the club safe. For sure he made that money through Scarborough Developments some of which will have come from projects in China, but how much of that was swung solely by his ownership of the club is highly dubious imo.
    You say things I have never said , where have I said he made all the Chinese money on the back of SUFC ?

CH , like the fact you posted earlier about him having offices in Shenzhen and was in with topspring before Desun ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    You say things I have never said , where have I said he made all the Chinese money on the back of SUFC ?

CH , like the fact you posted earlier about him having offices in Shenzhen and was in with topspring before Desun ?
    I never mentioned Desun when I said Topspring initially. Please show me where I said Topspring came first. In any event, Desun was a sponsor , Topspring a Scarborough business partner.

See youve moved on from the triple assault season claim.

Which other money has he made on the back of United ?

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    I never mentioned Desun when I said Topspring initially. Please show me where I said Topspring came first. In any event, Desun was a sponsor , Topspring a Scarborough business partner.

See youve moved on from the triple assault season claim.

Which other money has he made on the back of United ?
    I heard he won a ton backin the BLADES to win the League last season,does that count as mekin money out of the BLADES? Just in case anyone thinks King Kev was breakin the gamblin rules in football,i am jestin wi my comment. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 22-03-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I heard he won a ton backin the BLADES to win the League last season,does that count as mekin money out of the BLADES? Just in case anyone thinks King Kev was breakin the gamblin rules in football,i am jestin wi my comment. UTCB

I bet he used the season ticket money for the bet as well and then bought the million pound Desso off the club for a quid. He does that a lot apparently with our assets.

Wrong again. 2001/2002 we finished 13th. Hardly "top end". The deal was signed before the 2002/2003 season started so the triple assault had nothing to do with it.

Neither Scarborough or McCabe is sixty million plus better off either. More facts for you to chew on.
    Calm down Scott ... or is it simon , nit
    Picking about the dates a bit which is a sure sign your struggling.

Phucket , you be right as I don’t have the inclination for all this back and forth anymore like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    Calm down Scott ... or is it simon , nit
    Picking about the dates a bit which is a sure sign your struggling.

Phucket , you be right as I don’t have the inclination for all this back and forth anymore like you do.
    Lol. You make a claim that's a full year out and it's me that's picking about with dates. Jesus.

Not one bit of evidence to show McCabes property business benefitted from him owning United, and now you can't be bothered. Dear me.

See you when the next problem arises and you can reappear like a whore at a christening and spread your misery.

Bye.

Lol. You make a claim that's a full year out and it's me that's picking about with dates. Jesus.

Not one bit of evidence to show McCabes property business benefitted from him owning United, and now you can't be bothered. Dear me.

See you when the next problem arises and you can reappear like a whore at a christening and spread your misery.

Bye.
    My last word on it ... why did he buy into Chengdu then ?

Was it because there no bigger Chengdu blade than him ?

You say things I have never said, where have I said he made all the Chinese money on the back of SUFC ?
    Back in post #98... You certainly suggested that Kevs association with SUFC/Chengdu 'opened doors' in China (the words I used above), and enabled him to make more money than the money he has shovelled down the hole at SUFC. Text below.

So buying Chengdu didn’t open doors in China for him ?
    He only went over there to do a shirt deal with desun and bought the club (well SUFC bought the club) and since he has become a big player in property over there.
    Not to mention the shopping complex’s and string of coffee shops in China.
    Being the owner of the football club has risen his profile in business circles and his companies will have got work of the back of it.
    So what he has lost on the SUFC swing he has more than gained on the business roundabout.

My point was that you've got the tail wagging the dog if you think people do business with Kev because he owns a football club, rather than a well respected international construction firm.

You can believe what you like. I don't think any of us has changed our position at all in the discussion, so its unlikely to happen if we carry on repeating to each other what we just said...Lets leave it there.

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Back in post #98... You certainly suggested that Kevs association with SUFC/Chengdu 'opened doors' in China (the words I used above), and enabled him to make more money than the money he has shovelled down the hole at SUFC. Text below.

My point was that you've got the tail wagging the dog if you think people do business with Kev because he owns a football club, rather than a well respected international construction firm.

You can believe what you like. I don't think any of us has changed our position at all in the discussion, so its unlikely to happen if we carry on repeating to each other what we just said...Lets leave it there.

UTB

Kevin must have liked China, the above states he went to do a shirt deal and bought the club. Suggesting at the same time.

He did the shirt deal mid 2002 and bought CB January 2006.

Let's hope the deal with the Prince doesn't take as long.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast