+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Shareholders Meeting in The Copthorne Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    What does before the PL mean ?

So are the other points raised in the article valid and you were wrong earlier in the thread about desun , offices in China and top spring , or are you never wrong ?

I never mentioned Desun. All this happened before the PL season, so the likelihood is that he was established as a property developer in China because that's his expertise rather than the owner of a long term second division football club. Scarborough states offices were open in 2002. Seeing as the article contained a glaring error it's possible to doubt the research gone into the rest of it in any great detail.
    Besides, I'm confident in saying KMc isn't as wealthy know as he was in 2002.

I also think the new Chinese partnership he's got is due to his business expertise rather than the Chinese falling over themselves to be in business with the owner of a football club that's been in the third division for six years, and all the reflected glory that goes with it.

To join the dots, you have to start with a pencil with lead in it rather than bile.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    I never mentioned Desun. All this happened before the PL season, so the likelihood is that he was established as a property developer in China because that's his expertise rather than the owner of a long term second division football club. Scarborough states offices were open in 2002. Seeing as the article contained a glaring error it's possible to doubt the research gone into the rest of it in any great detail.
    Besides, I'm confident in saying KMc isn't as wealthy know as he was in 2002.

I also think the new Chinese partnership he's got is due to his business expertise rather than the Chinese falling over themselves to be in business with the owner of a football club that's been in the third division for six years, and all the reflected glory that goes with it.

To join the dots, you have to start with a pencil with lead in it rather than bile.
    If desun had never got in contact over the shirt deal KM would probably never have got involved in China.

Here's an excerpt from Topsprings filed accounts.

Our Group’s relationship with the Scarborough Group dates back to 2003, when Dr. McCabe, the founder and chairman of the Scarborough Group, first cooperated with our Founder and Chairman, Mr. Wong, in the development of Changzhou Landmark by providing funding to the project by way of subscription of loan notes. Since 2003, the core management team of the Scarborough Group has met regularly with our core management team. The Scarborough Group has been influential in assisting our Group in establishing our business relationships overseas by introducing overseas investors with the potential to provide funding to us. Although we have retained daily management and control of our projects in which the Scarborough Group has been involved, we believe that our cooperation with the Scarborough Group has greatly improved our corporate image and reputation among investors, government officials and customers in the PRC. In addition, the Scarborough Group’s extensive international network has also helped us to establish relationships with professional parties in project management and with other areas of expertise. Additionally, in September 2010, we entered into a strategic partnership framework memorandum with a domestic strategic partner, the Rainbow Group. Through our relationship with Rainbow Group, we believe that we are in a strong position to secure it as an Anchor Tenant or co-developer in future retail developments.

If desun had never got in contact over the shirt deal KM would probably never have got involved in China.
    He may not have done, but If you genuinely think his success in China is down to a deal with a soft drinks supplier sponsoring United there's really no point in carrying on.

Your original assertion was that what he had lost on the club he'd more than made up for because of the club's name. I'm pretty sure his property expertise it what sold all these Chinese companies on dealing with him, and entering into business partnerships rather than his loss making football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Here's an excerpt from Topsprings filed accounts.

Our Group’s relationship with the Scarborough Group dates back to 2003, when Dr. McCabe, the founder and chairman of the Scarborough Group, first cooperated with our Founder and Chairman, Mr. Wong, in the development of Changzhou Landmark by providing funding to the project by way of subscription of loan notes. Since 2003, the core management team of the Scarborough Group has met regularly with our core management team. The Scarborough Group has been influential in assisting our Group in establishing our business relationships overseas by introducing overseas investors with the potential to provide funding to us. Although we have retained daily management and control of our projects in which the Scarborough Group has been involved, we believe that our cooperation with the Scarborough Group has greatly improved our corporate image and reputation among investors, government officials and customers in the PRC. In addition, the Scarborough Group’s extensive international network has also helped us to establish relationships with professional parties in project management and with other areas of expertise. Additionally, in September 2010, we entered into a strategic partnership framework memorandum with a domestic strategic partner, the Rainbow Group. Through our relationship with Rainbow Group, we believe that we are in a strong position to secure it as an Anchor Tenant or co-developer in future retail developments.

Desun was 2002

At the end of the day be it desun , Chengdu or Tevez mccabes profile has been risen through owning a football club and he will have gained a lot of business through it .
    Last edited by Chingo; 21-03-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Desun was 2002

At the end of the day be it desun , Chengdu or Tevez mccabes profile has been risen through owning a football club and he will have gained a lot of business through it .
    Back where we started. You making things up. It's always been the same.

I know Desun was 2002. You suggested Topspring was much later and then you relied on an article that didn't even get the basics right.

I'll leave you to your bitterness.

Can I just say, how much I've enjoyed the first proper 'mano a mano' on BM for quite a long time.

Cheers guys!

All I would ask is that as an owner/shareholder of the Club is McCabe not entitled to make something out of it? Or is he expected to do it all for his love of the Blades?..............

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    All I would ask is that as an owner/shareholder of the Club is McCabe not entitled to make something out of it? Or is he expected to do it all for his love of the Blades?..............
    I think its naive to imagine that owning a second tier provincial trophy dodging football team means anything much in terms of winning construction business in China. If I were looking for a partner on a major construction project, I'd be looking for someone with a strong track record of success on major construction projects. I might find it interesting that they also own a football club, (like in the chat over lunch kind of way) but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference whether to go with them or not.

But if the association with SUFC and Chengdu did give him any kind of advantage, then so what? Chengdu was out of his own pocket, like Fradi was, not out of SUFC coffers. Its clearly documented in the accounts that Kevs minimum spend on shovelling cash down the SUFC hole has been over £60million, so if he gets a few bob back from playing it smart, well so what? Anyone would think 'entrepreneur' is a dirty word...
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 22-03-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I think its naive to imagine that owning a second tier provincial trophy dodging football team means anything much in terms of winning construction business in China. If I were looking for a partner on a major construction project, I'd be looking for someone with a strong track record of success on major construction projects. I might find it interesting that they also own a football club, (like in the chat over lunch kind of way) but it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference whether to go with them or not.

But if the association with SUFC and Chengdu did give him any kind of advantage, then so what? Chengdu was out of his own pocket, like Fradi was, not out of SUFC coffers. Its clearly documented in the accounts that Kevs minimum spend on shovelling cash down the SUFC hole has been over £60million, so if he gets a few bob back from playing it smart, well so what? Anyone would think 'entrepreneur' is a dirty word...
    Roll on the Brentford game.UTCB

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast