+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Shareholders Meeting in The Copthorne Hotel.

TT - Yes, I think option 2 is the most likely outcome but I don’t say that with any authority.

LSAT - I made some fairly detailed notes during the meeting. The last question was from a lady who asked Mr McCabe if he would sleep easy if The Price took over? He replied that whatever happened must be the right decision for the Club and in particular this would mean that anyone taking over must have an understanding of the Club (presumably he meant its ethos and culture again).

One point that possibly hasn’t been mentioned thus far is that Mr McCabe said he was aware that in several cases where foreign owners had taken over they looked upon and referred to supporters as customers not fans. Again he didn’t specifically link this to The Prince but I think the implication may have been just about there.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like a strange propaganda piece.

We know very little that we didn't know, but Kev has made some statements, and certain inferences by doing so. It feels like we are being asked to read between the lines and join the dots, and see that despite more than 5 years of involvement, HRH doesn't 'get' the club. We are being asked to imagine that the only safe hands are King Kev's (much as I support him, he really doesn't have a 100% success record...).

I'm not sure I like that, and I'm not sure that trying to set us all against change is desirable for the future of the club. Unless we want to follow the standard "stick £50m in and hope for the best' approach to getting promoted, we are going to have to think differently, and try something no-one else is doing.

We really are the ultimate car crash club when it comes to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Be it play off failures,cup semi failures,staying up last day failures,selling at the right price failures,signing the right manager failures and now staying happy in bed with your business partner failure.
    We are in the best shape we've been in for a decade and our owners are having a lovers tiff which inevitably will impact on Wilders plans for next season.
    I,and I suspect few if any posters here or S2 really know the truth of the spat but the losers will be the fans,the team and the management.

McCabe owes it to us to come clean on this one. He may be the saint. He maybe the sinner but either way it is unbelievably disengenuous for the owners to not say it as it is.
    We as fans have stuck by this car crash for decades. We deserve honesty if nothing else. We certainly aren't glory hunters!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    We really are the ultimate car crash club when it comes to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Be it play off failures,cup semi failures,staying up last day failures,selling at the right price failures,signing the right manager failures and now staying happy in bed with your business partner failure.
    We are in the best shape we've been in for a decade and our owners are having a lovers tiff which inevitably will impact on Wilders plans for next season.
    I,and I suspect few if any posters here or S2 really know the truth of the spat but the losers will be the fans,the team and the management.

McCabe owes it to us to come clean on this one. He may be the saint. He maybe the sinner but either way it is unbelievably disengenuous for the owners to not say it as it is.
    We as fans have stuck by this car crash for decades. We deserve honesty if nothing else. We certainly aren't glory hunters!
    SBT, that's as good a post as you've ever put on here.

As you are saying, we are the past masters of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The timing of this stinks. If,big IF, it transpires this is more posturing an d politicking, for whatever reason, (a cynic might say it's due to the rare appearance of the gravy train of the PL coming along the branch line to BDBL) then, if, anaother big IF, and if it de-rails CW's cannonball express then the fan base will be much less forgiving than it has over the past decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post

But this is primarily a business decision for McCabe - what owner/business man ever lays their cards on the table in the middle of negotiations such as these?....just think we have to be realistic not idealistic here

...and IF my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle. Its an awful lot of speculation based on what we know.

The list of 'sins' could easily be leveled at most football clubs. Sporting failures are far more common than sporting success. Personally I consider 'car crash clubs' to be (recently) the likes of Blackpool or Coventry, not two owners, who both want to buy the other out, coming to an agreement. I suppose if hyperbole is your thing, then great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    - what owner/business man ever lays their cards on the table in the middle of negotiations such as these?....
    OFF TOPIC but...

I just wish the 'political elite'and the BBC would apply thatto the Brexit negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    OFF TOPIC but...

I just wish the 'political elite'and the BBC would apply thatto the Brexit negotiations.
    couldn't agree more TT - drives me nuts

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    ...and IF my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle. Its an awful lot of speculation based on what we know.

The list of 'sins' could easily be leveled at most football clubs. Sporting failures are far more common than sporting success. Personally I consider 'car crash clubs' to be (recently) the likes of Blackpool or Coventry, not two owners, who both want to buy the other out, coming to an agreement. I suppose if hyperbole is your thing, then great.
    It's another thing for our resident McCabe "haters" to spout abart Pops.We've never been near to goin out of business as far as i know,unlike the Massive's, yes we've had alot of lean years but that's always been the case in my time followin the club.We are havin a good season and i hope whatever happens in't future it's best for the club but i don't know what'll happen and from what i can gather not many do know what'll happen but hey at least it's busier on here when King Kev sez or does summat in't it? Roll on to our next game cos it'll be a long couple of weeks wi no BLADES first team game.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Agreed FKB, there's lots of 'Ifs'- same as the points you make in your post , number 34.

It seems that yesterday's meeting has generated more questions than answers, hence the 'ifs', the speculation, the suppositions.

We don't know the intention behind the meeting and now it's about as clear as yesterday's blizzards.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast