+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shareholders Meeting in The Copthorne Hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Sorry to steal your thunder SJH! Just cut and pasted from S2...
    No problem at all FKB - thought it was your own summary but it pretty much nails it.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Just got back and was going to put a report but FKB has summarised it perfectly.

Kevin McCabe was very diplomatic, almost extraordinarily so. As FKB mentions he kept referring to the ‘culture and ethos’ of the Club over and over again. He also said more than once that The Prince was a decent man.

That said beneath it all I think all is not well and we must have faith in Mr McCabe to ensure the best outcome for the Club and the fans long term.
    He's going to play the 'culture, heritage, ethos' card isn't he?

It's his strongest suit, it plays to those fearful of foreign ownership, a trump card for him.

There's obviously summat amiss between the two owners and, it sounds from the commens that, to get a bit of football related stuff in, he's getting his retaliation in early.

The timing is not good and , hopefully, does not stall the upward curve we are on.

Correct TT , KM just listing things that are going off at the sty to curry favour and get fans on his side.
    Would like the prince to give a response to get a bit of balance.
    Also think the no foreign players is poor on Wilders part as it seems he has no confidence in his own ability to manage them.
    Can only think of Bournemouth that have got up with a mainly U.K. born squad.

I always take as I find. The Prince has had chance this season to give CW the tools for a proper promotion push and has fallen well short. Everything we have achieved is down to the team spirit and management from CW. How can he fund the purchase of all the assets and fund the investment required in the team ?. The plan seems to be based on getting to the Premiership on a shoe string budget. I would rather have McCabes shoestring budget as he us a Blade.

Having had more time to think about it now I think we needed to appreciate not what Mr McCabe was saying but what he was telling us and I conclude that the two were quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Having had more time to think about it now I think we needed to appreciate not what Mr McCabe was saying but what he was telling us and I conclude that the two were quite different.
    Forked tongue? Hidden agenda?

Surely not.

So what's your thinking now SJH?

I'm sure I'm not the only one to see the irony in McCabe accusing someone else of a lack of understanding over how to run the club, when his stewardship has been overwhelmingly based on selling the assets at low prices, bringing in managerial failures and alienating a good portion of the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the only one to see the irony in McCabe accusing someone else of a lack of understanding over how to run the club, when his stewardship has been overwhelmingly based on selling the assets at low prices, bringing in managerial failures and alienating a good portion of the fan base.
    Maybe today was all about striking whilst the iron's still warm CD

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Forked tongue? Hidden agenda?

Surely not.

So what's your thinking now SJH?
    I wasn’t really meaning that he spoke with a forked tongue TT. It was more that you had to read between the lines to ascertain what he really meant.

His solicitor was there taking copious notes and Mr McCabe was careful not to openly criticise The Prince.

To answer your question though my thoughts are that it could turn very acrimonious at a moments notice.

He said the litigation could reach one of three accords:

1) That The Prince takes over, possibly in stages.

2) That the McCabes take over from The Prince.

3) That they become friends and partners again and agree a strategy moving forward especially re off field issues.

He agreed that the current position was not healthy and needs to be resolved.

If I was a betting man I know which of the three options seems most likely having attended today.

Cheers SJH,

From that it sounds more acrimonious and polarised than initially envisaged .

I take it your seeing option 2 as firm favourite?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast