+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T *******...get ready

O/T *******...get ready

We have had quite a few posts on the subject over the years with John2 nearly selling his house in a confident attempt to become Bristol's first Zillionaire.

It looks as I forecast some years ago that ******* wouldnt escape the gaze of regulators, Mark Carney has indicated regulation on its way. ******* and other Crytocurrences seem to have attracted the criminal element and its said most transactions contain proceeds of crime.

Once regulated taxation will follow ...https://www.mortgageintroducer.com/m...ulate-*******/

Attracted the criminal element

No change there then in the finance industry .

Let it burn .

Probably explains why these two men never bothered with this kind of investment. They have a track record for many sound reasons

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...warren-buffett

Been on the Beeb, Come in John2

I hope you dipped your toe in the water gm when you were talking about buying ******* I think when it was worth around 1/10th of what it currently is. I still think it's massively undervalued, wouldn't be surprised to see it pass $50k this year.

Regulation is necessary and good for th normalisation and adoption of *******.

The pound and dollar are also used for crime. The internet is used for crime. Crime is not a problem unique to *******.

There are many investors from an older generation who do not understand technologies like *******, infact Warren Buffet's partner made an anti-******* speech where, without any irony, he also said he didn't understand it at all.

People who fail to understand technology are the ones who get left behind and miss opportunities. As things stand, I'm hopefully exchanging contracts on my house on Monday, not an asset I want to be holding in the current climate, many better investments to be had.

******* is already subject to tax. As with anything else, any gains over the annual allowance is subject to capital gains tax.

What has been said on the beeb? I'm in the Alps for the rest of the ski season so unable to view.

Got 2 or 3 poker mates who invested in this as well as other currency . 1 guy made a tasty 10k profit real quick before losing **** loads in 2 weeks. Hes pretty well off so he wrote the losses off. He claims hes already made a massive profit from the early years before it got popular. Another guy put a grand across and lost the lot. It IS volatile as **** and will go tits up eventually. Didn't Peter Jones chuck 5 million into it the other week or did i mis read that .

John2 I disagree it all depends were you live but the housing market is booming prices are rising there not much stock on the market and there are buyers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    John2 I disagree it all depends were you live but the housing market is booming prices are rising there not much stock on the market and there are buyers out there.
    That's my concern, my house went up 49% in less than 3 years. That's just not sustainable. We've been given unprecedented low interest rates, as brexit inflation starts to make its effects felt, the pressure to rise interest rates further is going to grow. Young people already can't afford to get on housing ladder in many areas. Something has to give, and house prices will be it.

Falling house prices isn't necessarily a bad thing, in every market movement there are winners and losers. I think the sooner prices fall to more realistic levels the market can handle, the more younger people can get on it the better. Prices were going up in 2007... just because people will always need a place to live doesn't make a market immune to bubbles. We also are likely to see less EU demand on housing stock due to Brexit, and with who knows what trump will do even a trade war could trigger something, not to mention the impact of increasing costs for buy to let market. The signs are all there, people just can't see beyond the fact the market has been performing well, doesn't even it will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    That's my concern, my house went up 49% in less than 3 years. That's just not sustainable. We've been given unprecedented low interest rates, as brexit inflation starts to make its effects felt, the pressure to rise interest rates further is going to grow. Young people already can't afford to get on housing ladder in many areas. Something has to give, and house prices will be it.

Falling house prices isn't necessarily a bad thing, in every market movement there are winners and losers. I think the sooner prices fall to more realistic levels the market can handle, the more younger people can get on it the better. Prices were going up in 2007... just because people will always need a place to live doesn't make a market immune to bubbles. We also are likely to see less EU demand on housing stock due to Brexit, and with who knows what trump will do even a trade war could trigger something, not to mention the impact of increasing costs for buy to let market. The signs are all there, people just can't see beyond the fact the market has been performing well, doesn't even it will continue to do so.
    Wouldn't falling house prices make people feel less wealthy and therefore be more conservative in their spending habits which impacts on the economy ?

Wouldn't zero equity also be a problem and in affect tie people in to their home which means less houses are getting sold which also impacts on the economy , less carpets , curtains , suites etc etc getting sold ? .

Just asking the question mate with no agenda .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast