+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie game is ON

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    got that right. the whole location thing is against us who travel from further than the Central Belt ?

I find the lack of Hostelries in the near vicinty of Hampden and the difficulty getting to and from it an utter pain.

But I suppose I should just stay sober and soak up the atmosphere of " A Great Day Out !! "

( Help if we ever bloody won there tho !! )
    It's not Kingsford you are talking about is it?

got that right. the whole location thing is against us who travel from further than the Central Belt ?

I find the lack of Hostelries in the near vicinty of Hampden and the difficulty getting to and from it an utter pain.

But I suppose I should just stay sober and soak up the atmosphere of " A Great Day Out !! "

( Help if we ever bloody won there tho !! )
    There about 7 train stations within 15 minutes of Hampden on different lines, it's just that the same idiots follow the crowd and go to Mount Florida every time then moan about it! Same with pubs, plenty about if you actually look about.

Shawlands is maybe 20/25 minute walk from Hampden and when there's big games on most of the pubs are easy to get served. Except the Corona/Shed or the Ivy/Church on the Hill where folk go en masse!

I found Murrayfield much worse for boozers and getting back into town afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelhumper View Post
    There about 7 train stations within 15 minutes of Hampden on different lines, it's just that the same idiots follow the crowd and go to Mount Florida every time then moan about it! Same with pubs, plenty about if you actually look about.

Shawlands is maybe 20/25 minute walk from Hampden and when there's big games on most of the pubs are easy to get served. Except the Corona/Shed or the Ivy/Church on the Hill where folk go en masse!

I found Murrayfield much worse for boozers and getting back into town afterwards.
    I like Shawlands and surrounding area.......Georgic for this dandy ticks the boxes and joe maxi(cheap) to the match......”if” we raise our game against Killie that is, as they are certainly playing well.

Of course I don’t like Glasgow

A s’hitehole full of minkers

What’ to like......by ra way big man but

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Of course I don’t like Glasgow

A s’hitehole full of minkers

What’ to like......by ra way big man but
    OK Lads. Soi if I walk 25 mins I`ll find some pubs. And if I took the time to research it I could use a regional/local train system to get in and out far more easily than " following the crowds/ approved Polis route "

Fair enough. I`m probably just one of the crew with Donsdafts opinion.

I find the walk to Tynecastle/murrayfield less of an exertion and have no problem finding pubs / transport in Edinburgh. But then I far prefer Edinburgh as a tourist City. My bad.

When i think on it , trips to Wembely are ****e too. Local Pubs all selling Carlsberg only . £5 a pint. Overpriced food stalls on the way and inside ground. It`s an overall British thing compared to almost all the Foreign grounds we`ve visited .

Ah well. Kingsford will have a brilliant transport ecostructure, great parking, easy acces and a fantastic choice of reasonable Food and Beer outlets within it`s " Campus ", won`t it ........won`t it ??

OK Lads. Soi if I walk 25 mins I`ll find some pubs. And if I took the time to research it I could use a regional/local train system to get in and out far more easily than " following the crowds/ approved Polis route "

Fair enough. I`m probably just one of the crew with Donsdafts opinion.

I find the walk to Tynecastle/murrayfield less of an exertion and have no problem finding pubs / transport in Edinburgh. But then I far prefer Edinburgh as a tourist City. My bad.

When i think on it , trips to Wembely are ****e too. Local Pubs all selling Carlsberg only . £5 a pint. Overpriced food stalls on the way and inside ground. It`s an overall British thing compared to almost all the Foreign grounds we`ve visited .

Ah well. Kingsford will have a brilliant transport ecostructure, great parking, easy acces and a fantastic choice of reasonable Food and Beer outlets within it`s " Campus ", won`t it ........won`t it ??
    Get off at Crossmyloof from Central, and walk 300 years along Minard Road....

Pollokshaws Road has a taxi rank at its crossroads with Minard Rd/Langside Drive and it's a 5/6 minute taxi hurl to Hampden. From The Shed on the corner, only 50 yards along Pollokshaws/Kilmarnock Road there are boozers and cafes aplently, and if you walk towards Hampden the Ivory and the others mentioned are available.

Hampden is a ****ing ****ehole, like, and the Bert McIntosh Plant Hire Kingsford Family Day Out Experience Auroradome is a ****ing awful idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Get off at Crossmyloof from Central, and walk 300 years along Minard Road....

Pollokshaws Road has a taxi rank at its crossroads with Minard Rd/Langside Drive and it's a 5/6 minute taxi hurl to Hampden. From The Shed on the corner, only 50 yards along Pollokshaws/Kilmarnock Road there are boozers and cafes aplently, and if you walk towards Hampden the Ivory and the others mentioned are available.

Hampden is a ****ing ****ehole, like, and the Bert McIntosh Plant Hire Kingsford Family Day Out Experience Auroradome is a ****ing awful idea.
    Correct, however I don't think Hampden is as bad as some folk make out.

Yes the view down the front behind the goals is ****e but so is Murrayfield. Don't even start me on the away end at Pittodrie!

But as you've said, Shawlands is ideal before Hampden games. Granary, Geordic, Sweeneys, Tassie etc then jump into a taxi.

Replay set for Tuesday 13th at 7.45.

Tickets go on sale on Thursday morning.

I see Steve Clarke is publically bumping his gums about McInnes's inference that Jones dived to win the pen on saturday. Thinks he should be getting hauled over the coals by the SFA

Steve, phone up Derek, sort it out like adults, without going through the media. But then again, he knows he is currently flavour of the month with the welcoming buttocks of the Wegia, and so has free reign

Derek could’ve phoned Stevie up & sorted it out like adults but went to the media...

This is just bog standard management manoeuvres from McInnes. Shifts blame from him for the result & puts a bit of pressure on the ref for the next game.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast