+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie game is ON

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

He’s a bit like a Mackie & Clangers. Terrific effort in hanging around for so long making a go of it but he wouldn’t get a game for anyone else in the league
    Interesting point that. If he was freed would anyone in the league take him?

He’d get a game for take down bottom of the league but if you want to win cups and progress in Europa league then no

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I can’t imagine why you’d find that interesting. I don’t actually mind him for the most part. He’s just no use against Celtic & the Huns

He’s a bit like a Mackie & Clangers. Terrific effort in hanging around for so long making a go of it but he wouldn’t get a game for anyone else in the league
    We need to get away from that attitude though, I have been told by many Considine fans that he is fine against the lesser teams in the league but no use against the cheeks.

With that sort of thinking we would be as well keeping McInnes as our manager because his record against the diddy teams is fine as well.Sorry but if a new manager comes in one of the first things he must do is get rid of Considine or we are going to continue to have the same problems we have got.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Interesting point that. If he was freed would anyone in the league take him?
    I have always thought if he did actually leave us he was go straight to a Highland League team like Chris Clark did.

I agree, just think he’s a difficult player to dislike. I’m delighted for him every time he does well. I love it when he scores because I know he loves it too.

He’s got his limitations though & every player in the league knows it. No use if you want to be seen to be competitive. Harvie is worth a go, just to see how well he handles it more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We need to get away from that attitude though, I have been told by many Considine fans that he is fine against the lesser teams in the league but no use against the cheeks.

With that sort of thinking we would be as well keeping McInnes as our manager because his record against the diddy teams is fine as well.Sorry but if a new manager comes in one of the first things he must do is get rid of Considine or we are going to continue to have the same problems we have got.
    I don't think he would be a bad squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't think he would be a bad squad player.
    To be fair I could handle that if he was back up to McKenna and say Harvie, unfortunately the chances are he will be playing week in week out for the the foreseeable future with McInnes at the helm.

Has Derek ever thought as Derek loves a tall target man perhaps he could convert to up top

I agree with the comments that if we really want to have a genuine chance to beat Celtic/sevco when we play them then we do need an upgrade on Considine - he simply doesn't have the pace when he comes up against someone like James Forrest (see first goal against Celtic recently). I'm not saying he is solely responsible for our defensive woes this season because Logan/Arnason/O'Connor/Reynolds to a man have been woeful this season - even Lewis when fit wasn't a patch on last season.

What we really need is a left footed Logan (edition 2016/17) so someone with a bit of pace that can cope with a Forrest but also get up and down the left wing in support of GMS and chip in with 3-4 goals a season. I don't know if that is Harvie or not as simply not had enough game time to judge. I would be okay with it being Shinnie but think he will be CM for as long as McInnes is here.

I would also keep Considine as a squad player as cover for CD/LB but only from the bench as in the majority of games as others have said he would suffice

Suffice for what?

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast