+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Spanish striker.

Old news i'd say.AH already said those figures were no where near the offer to Capel &, that his agent came back saying that the wages offered were to be of after tax & not before

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Old news i'd say.AH already said those figures were no where near the offer to Capel &, that his agent came back saying that the wages offered were to be of after tax & not before
    The reason I posted this was that the articles were published today, long after AH and KN's comments.

Does anyone remember this non-event? Notts searching Europe for a proven striker out of contract? We came up with ONE, Diego Capel, no other, just him. His agent tried to con us so we lost interest, not just in him, just lost interest. Apparently he must have been the only striker in the whole of Europe who was available so we tried for him, nothing came of it so we looked no further and came home empty-handed, and told the press.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Really? What with the transfer window being shut, I didn’t even know there was a search for a striker until the club told me. Now they have, I’m not interested until they actually sign someone.

To be fair, the prospect of an unattached Spanish striker who’s willing to come to a League 2 club being any good is pretty unlikely IMO.
    Another Mad Pundit with his job application written out in a stamped envelope, awaiting the opportunity to send when Big Al sacks Nolan for failing to get us promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Does anyone remember this non-event? Notts searching Europe for a proven striker out of contract? We came up with ONE, Diego Capel, no other, just him. His agent tried to con us so we lost interest, not just in him, just lost interest. Apparently he must have been the only striker in the whole of Europe who was available so we tried for him, nothing came of it so we looked no further and came home empty-handed, and told the press.
    Nolan chose to stick with what we had. Hardy made funds available and was very confused as to why KN didnt add other players. As I think we all were.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Nolan chose to stick with what we had. Hardy made funds available and was very confused as to why KN didnt add other players. As I think we all were.
    We signed a forward he got injured after one game....some would say that is bad luck..!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    We signed a forward he got injured after one game....some would say that is bad luck..!!!?
    Yes I tend to agree it was real bad luck, even though he had a record of hamstring problems, he looked the part. Alan Hardy & Kevin Nolan are both on learning curves to date they have not made to bad a start to their tenures, I fail to see why currently a large amount of our supporters seem to have their nickers in a twist about the situation, There was no way this squad was ready for League One we are where we are and those that suggested it was a false dawn are proven to be correct. The January Transfer Window is known to be full of pit falls and players / agents & Clubs holding out for mega deals and we as a club did not have the clout available to play their game.

This close season I like many others expect to see some big changes when the squad will be put together to gain promotion hopefully but more importantly be strong enough to stay in League One with some minor tweaking, which I think if you look back from last close season you will find interviews with Hardy & Nolan that state just that, we were in false position caused by this squad over achieving early on in the season. Sadly we are just not quite strong enough overall.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567