+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish striker.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    It's in the Sun - done deal.
    Until it's in the Guardian I won't believe it. His he a left winger by any chance?

The wages alone make it a joke.AH has repied to chippers from radio red"never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

It MUST be true now - it's in the ever-reliable Daily Mail!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...nd-season.html

If this story was true I would be proper pissed off. 1 evidently very good player on 15k a week (not a cat in hells chance) instead of of 3 or 4 top League 1/2 players at 3-4K a week.
    Has Munro too over again?!

This story is nothing more than our chairman trying to grab more headlines, he hasn’t been on bbc emt now for at least two weeks so this gets to massage his ego instead, the story is not worth the paper it’s written on !

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If this story was true I would be proper pissed off. 1 evidently very good player on 15k a week (not a cat in hells chance) instead of of 3 or 4 top League 1/2 players at 3-4K a week.
    Agree with that. £15k a week on one player is too much of a risk.

I don't actually think the wage being bandied about in the Sun are accurate

Quote Originally Posted by thelanelady View Post
    Ha ha I absolutely love the last bit..

'He has been training in Seville but is still desperate to make an impact on a bigger stage'

What bigger stage could he want to relight his career than by scoring a hat trick against the inbreds at the san sirrel and firing us to promotion

Just been on Talksport now
    Nolan set to offer 15k a week to striker
    Cascarino was laughing at it too

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    This story is nothing more than our chairman trying to grab more headlines, he hasn’t been on bbc emt now for at least two weeks so this gets to massage his ego instead, the story is not worth the paper it’s written on !
    Alan Hardy says we tried to sign a Spanish forward but his wage demands were too excessive so talks abandoned.

These press reports therefore would seem to be exaggerated and out of date. As you say the story is not worth the paper it's written on.

Please tell me where you read that this latest story has come directly from our chairman. On his Twitter account he says never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Good enough?
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 04-03-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Ok if it was true then I don’t think it fits in as simple as you make it:

1: if Mason Bennet wasn’t injured we wouldn’t even be looking for a striker.

2: the contract would only be until the end of the season so the idea of 3 or 4 players on 3 - 4K a week wouldn’t work as they would be on longer contracts.

3: perhaps KN and AH think dipping 100kish out of the FA cup run in a short term deal will get us over the line.

4: as with everything in life there are two sides to every story so I wouldn’t get to stressed about it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast