+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Spanish striker.

Very dodgy looking story indeed, 15 grand for league 2 is ridiculous and considering we need a CF and not another winger then lets hope this is hogwash

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Ok if it was true then I don’t think it fits in as simple as you make it:

1: if Mason Bennet wasn’t injured we wouldn’t even be looking for a striker.

2: the contract would only be until the end of the season so the idea of 3 or 4 players on 3 - 4K a week wouldn’t work as they would be on longer contracts.

3: perhaps KN and AH think dipping 100kish out of the FA cup run in a short term deal will get us over the line.

4: as with everything in life there are two sides to every story so I wouldn’t get to stressed about it.
    One side I can think of is the other players reaction to a new temporary player on £15k a week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Capel was the player Hardy spoke about when he said he almost fell out of his chair.

On Twitter the other day Hardy said the player we were after was after a 2 year deal so no chance could we afford £15k a week over that length of time and I doubt he’d sign for 2 years anyway.

I wouldn’t want it to happen as daft as it sounds I’d rather we got Akinde from Barnet.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    One side I can think of is the other players reaction to a new temporary player on £15k a week.
    I think keldsyke's reasoning is pretty solid and if the player in question was a Spain international who was playing in Serie A until a couple of years ago I'm sure they'd understand why he was getting more money.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Capel was the player Hardy spoke about when he said he almost fell out of his chair.

On Twitter the other day Hardy said the player we were after was after a 2 year deal so no chance could we afford £15k a week over that length of time and I doubt he’d sign for 2 years anyway.

I wouldn’t want it to happen as daft as it sounds I’d rather we got Akinde from Barnet.
    Akinde would be a beast for us... still only 28 but his goal scoring record is excellent, that's a player I would love to see us splash the cash to get, but obviously that wouldn't happen until the summer

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    This story is nothing more than our chairman trying to grab more headlines, he hasn’t been on bbc emt now for at least two weeks so this gets to massage his ego instead, the story is not worth the paper it’s written on !
    Sorry to burst your bubble sadpiesad

@NottsCountyLive

@NottsCountyLive
    Following Following @NottsCountyLive
    More
    'Never let the truth get in the way of a good story' - Notts County owner rubbishes report of £15,000-a-week move for former Spain international Diego Capel:

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble sadpiesad

@NottsCountyLive

@NottsCountyLive
    Following Following @NottsCountyLive
    More
    'Never let the truth get in the way of a good story' - Notts County owner rubbishes report of £15,000-a-week move for former Spain international Diego Capel:
    I am not suggesting the story is true but he would say that wouldn't he.

The story isn't as daft as it sounds either when you analyse it. A deal until the end of the season (probably 10 games) would cost a maximum of £150,000. An extra 1,000 on the gate for the last 5 home games will bring in £100,000. It has to be worth it to get promoted. No guarantees though of course.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Alan Hardy says we tried to sign a Spanish forward but his wage demands were too excessive so talks abandoned.

These press reports therefore would seem to be exaggerated and out of date. As you say the story is not worth the paper it's written on.

Please tell me where you read that this latest story has come directly from our chairman. On his Twitter account he says never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Good enough?
    Don't believe everything you read on Twitter, sorry I mean don't beleive everything you read in the newspapers, sorry I mean don't believe anything till it's happened.

Nothing against the guy but what makes people think that he'd put an extra 1,000 on the gate? I would imagine 95% of our fan base has never heard of him and would probably just say "What does e know about league 2" even if this story had any truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Nothing against the guy but what makes people think that he'd put an extra 1,000 on the gate? I would imagine 95% of our fan base has never heard of him and would probably just say "What does e know about league 2" even if this story had any truth to it.
    I suppose the wider picture would be that regardless of who he is if he contributed to an upturn in results and a serious promotion winning run of games our attendances would naturally increase anyway so not necessarily just about the player?

Not that it matters now anyway!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast