+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spanish striker.

Spanish striker.

Story in the NP about Notts giving up trying to sign a free agent from Spain only to be "held to ransom" (my words) over wages.

Sorry, I don't know how to post the Post's story.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Story in the NP about Notts giving up trying to sign a free agent from Spain only to be "held to ransom" (my words) over wages.

Sorry, I don't know how to post the Post's story.
    Here's the link, https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...sh-ace-1288028

Are they still looking to bring in a striker?

What is the point of announcing stuff like this? Saying a signing broke down at the last minute cos of wages is a bit like saying “yeah we all ready to go with our new star striker, but then we found out he only had one leg”.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    What is the point of announcing stuff like this? Saying a signing broke down at the last minute cos of wages is a bit like saying “yeah we all ready to go with our new star striker, but then we found out he only had one leg”.
    It's called informing people that the deal fell through, if they hadn't you would be moaning that the club is not telling us anything on the search for a striker.

I imagine it's to stop people bleating "what's all this about...", "why the secrecy about...", "why is Alan Hardy hiding the truth about..."

Damned if you tell the people, damned if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    It's called informing people that the deal fell through, if they hadn't you would be moaning that the club is not telling us anything on the search for a striker.
    Really? What with the transfer window being shut, I didn’t even know there was a search for a striker until the club told me. Now they have, I’m not interested until they actually sign someone.

To be fair, the prospect of an unattached Spanish striker who’s willing to come to a League 2 club being any good is pretty unlikely IMO.

Really? What with the transfer window being shut, I didn’t even know there was a search for a striker until the club told me. Now they have, I’m not interested until they actually sign someone.

To be fair, the prospect of an unattached Spanish striker who’s willing to come to a League 2 club being any good is pretty unlikely IMO.
    Others are interested and like to know what's going on in the search for new players, BFP, and being Spanish is irrelevant - weren't Alan Smith and Shola Ameobi unattached?

Yes the transfer window is shut, that's why the club is looking for a free agent player.

Others are interested and like to know what's going on in the search for new players, BFP, and being Spanish is irrelevant - weren't Alan Smith and Shola Ameobi unattached?
    Has Smith been a successful signing? Missed that. And foreign players willing to play in League 2 tend to be really crap, but I suppose this bloke might have been an exception.

If anyone’s interested to hear all about the strikers we’re not signing, fair enough.

Apparently the player concerned was ex-La Liga star Juan Tedtoomuch.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast