+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daaan Sarf

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Bravery personified.

What a man.
    Sorry for anyone that may be offended by my idiotic statement "What a man."

It never crossed my mind that Captain Oates could have been a woman and for that I am extremely sorry.

As it happens, Captain Oates WAS a man so I'm okay. Phew.

In hindsight a woman wouldn't have ventured outside the tent anyway because she would have been too busy cleaning the tent and making the tea.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    I am just going outside and maybe some time.
    Hey French, was it ever proved that this bloke Oates did actually say that and that he did actually make such a sacrifice ?.
    History from those days is and always will be written by the 'winners' or rather, by the survivors. Seriously, how do we know that Oates himself wasnt bumped off and eaten, as horrible as that sounds ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey French, was it ever proved that this bloke Oates did actually say that and that he did actually make such a sacrifice ?.
    History from those days is and always will be written by the 'winners' or rather, by the survivors. Seriously, how do we know that Oates himself wasnt bumped off and eaten, as horrible as that sounds ?.
    Morning Acido...We can only assume that what Robert Scot wrote in his diary was the truth...and of course it does keep up the tradition of the British “stiff upper lip”....as for suggesting that poor old Titus was bumped off for food....Dammit man, they were Britain’s finest not some Uruguayan rugby team that crashed in the Andes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12