+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dundee announce £354000 loss

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I thought that was the case now,

A decent cup run, or sale of player like this season will wipe that debt out, nothing I’d be to worried about,

On the other hand, for next doors sake, I hope the boy Martin is a clone of Roy the Rovers, because I don’t see anything saving them this year
    The Henry sale sign wipes it out....and then some.

1 club , 1 stadium 1 owner
    1 new crematorium 1 team in Dundee what’s the odds on that ros

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs brown View Post
    1 club , 1 stadium 1 owner
    1 new crematorium 1 team in Dundee what’s the odds on that ros
    Not as long as some folk think.

But of a perfect storm brewing for it.

A sizeable minority of current attendees would be for it, majority against but get over it, a sizeable minority would never ever go back (hands up). All imho of course.

Think it would be better for attendances in the long run if one club just died as I don't think you could get enough current non attendees to fill the void of the never go backs from both clubs.

I just hope it's them.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    The Henry sale sign wipes it out....and then some.
    You can do basic arithmetic I take it,

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Not as long as some folk think.

But of a perfect storm brewing for it.

A sizeable minority of current attendees would be for it, majority against but get over it, a sizeable minority would never ever go back (hands up). All imho of course.

Think it would be better for attendances in the long run if one club just died as I don't think you could get enough current non attendees to fill the void of the never go backs from both clubs.

I just hope it's them.

Considering all the politics involved, if such a scenario was to take place, I imagine it would be a case of amalgamation or both clubs go to the wall?

I thought the sale of hemmings and Stewart would have left us in profit at some point , not the case , so the sale of hendry not going to make much difference in a years time
    Perfect storm it is me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs brown View Post
    I thought the sale of hemmings and Stewart would have left us in profit at some point , not the case , so the sale of hendry not going to make much difference in a years time
    Perfect storm it is me thinks
    Would say the yanks NOT getting a new stadium would make it 50/50 're amalgamation/takeover....Think they surely realise you can't make a profit out of just a Scottish provincial team but if the club is just a wee piece of the bigger picture of houses creams etc etc then i would think it's possible.

We could have owners at both clubs soon with no real emotional attachment though which always increases the likelihood of the doomsday scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Considering all the politics involved, if such a scenario was to take place, I imagine it would be a case of amalgamation or both clubs go to the wall?
    You will never get a true amalgamation.

For me to be able to square it with myself it would have to be an amalgamation in name only and really a takeover....that would obviously be unacceptable to most dabs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Inverness not the most successful amalgamation in British football.....and if ICT is success then really to quote mixu what's the ****ing point.

If Dundee fans and folk that think of themselves as Dundee fans but don’t actually bother going, want anything else, they have to turn up in greater numbers whether the fare is ****e or not. The fact is the crowds we are currently getting are not big enough to finance anything but a bottom six team struggling against relegation in a regular basis. The top five are basically back to the five best supported teams in the country. If we want to grab that 6th spot or be occasionally challenging for Europe, we need a lot more people to be coming through the turnstiles regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    You will never get a true amalgamation.

For me to be able to square it with myself it would have to be an amalgamation in name only and really a takeover....that would obviously be unacceptable to most dabs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Inverness not the most successful amalgamation in British football.....and if ICT is success then really to quote mixu what's the ****ing point.
    We’re a more successful amalgamation club than ICT!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)