+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flicker off, to Mansfailed

Flicker off, to Mansfailed

Yo Swindon fans, I dont know what you've all thought of Flicker this season and what the quality of footy was like under him. But your still on for the play offs of course, and now hes left you for one of your play off rivals in Mansfield.

I was interested to see the Notts County fans comments about Steve Evans (and surely we all think the same about him dont we), but Flicker must be in this for the money. I think all of us as neutrals think that Swindon are better placed in the long run, rather than just being a short term financial fix etc..

I read that in the London Metro on Thursday, thought it was poppycock.

I'm suprised they're talking about little ol Swindon in London Alto

Most Swindon fans have been glad he's gone Acido. Not sure how things will pan out but at least we'll stay up.

Comes to something when Mansfield is a more attractive proposition than us but it's tough down here and good luck to Mansfield and a few are hoping for a play off final of us v them.

Rumoursville with some so say pictorial evidence stated that there was a fallout with DF and the chairman over our 400k goalie who was sent to play for Waterford caused it to be a no brainer for DF

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    I'm suprised they're talking about little ol Swindon in London Alto
    Only a snippet of about 8 lines, but I was stunned to see it also.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    .. Most Swindon fans have been glad he's gone Acido. Not sure how things will pan out but at least we'll stay up. Comes to something when Mansfield is a more attractive proposition than us but it's tough down here and good luck to Mansfield and a few are hoping for a play off final of us v them..
    Ive nowt against Mansfield as a club Gaz and if they come up this season then they will have deserved it, but I do obviously look at Swindon as a bigger and better team in the long run.
    Flicker seems suited to the lower leagues and if he takes the Stags up, then will he be good enough to keep them up in Lg One ?.