+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wolves v Reading Matchday Thread

A solid performance after the weekends debacle, it was a bit tense until the first went in but we coasted thereafter. Some quality football on display again, the way we pass the ball out of tight defensive spaces with one touch is a pleasure to watch. It was good to see Afobe starting, its what he needs and if he keeps banging the goals in it will suit us aswell :-). Good to see three goals from open play, and the highlights will show the quality of build up play for two of them... another of those Ruben Neves passes to create the opening for Costa to put it on a plate for Afobe. Bonatini was industrious when he came on, hope he benefits from the pressure being taken off him. The only downside the injury to Jota, he stayed down for several minutes and was assisted off clearly in some pain... either a sprain or ligament damage by the look of it can't see him playing on Saturday thats for sure!

With Villa losing its "mind the gap" time again for now...

Made three attempts to do a report but site is crap. I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Made three attempts to do a report but site is crap. I give up.
    Frustrating isn't it... Cut and paste it in so you don't lose what you've written

3-0 in the end but the score line should and could have been double. The first half was like a pre- season friendly with no tempo to the play. Wolves had plenty of possession as they worked to break down the defensive minded visitors. Jaakkola in the Reading goal performed acrobatics to keep out one goal bound attempt.

You could feel the tension building in parts of the crowd before Doherty appeared in the area to head home. After the break the tempo increased and it was back to normal. I have run out of superlatives to describe Ruben Neves, we must keep this player at the club no matter what the cost. His vision and range of passing takes your breath away. A raking fifty yard pass set Costa away and cool as you like he set up Afobi for the second, before a similar set up by Cav set Doherty up for his second.

Costa and Afobi both missed chances to increase the score when one on one with their keeper before Afobi was replaced to a good round of appreciated applause. He needs to prove to Nuno that he is worth keeping next season.

Another clean sheet and the score restored parity in the goal difference dept. Games against struggling teams in the past have often caused us problems so we must take advantage of Burton and Hull over the next few weeks. Bennett looked composed on his return to the side and I don’t recall Ruddy having a save to make.

Norton Cut and pasted worked. Mind you you could write what I know about computors on the back of a stamp.. Anyone know how we stop all these adverts appearing all the time?

It was a good win for Wolves, especially after the second half performance at Villa Park. Add to that Villa losing makes the victory even sweeter. Goals win games and i would have taken a 1-0 win, 3-0 could and should've been a few more, but i'm not complaining.

I just hope the Jota injury isn't too bad. I think Wolves looked a better side with Ryan Bennett back in the starting eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Norton Cut and pasted worked. Mind you you could write what I know about computors on the back of a stamp.. Anyone know how we stop all these adverts appearing all the time?
    Nice one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)