+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT Betting

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Bookies never lose, mugs do.
    That's pretty much what I've said you dumbass, but you are too thick to grasp it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Sorry to say it, but your dad sounds like a mug punter, and I think you are the one missing the point. Going into the bookies and betting with them over the phone is a sure fire way to lose money. The bookies make a guaranteed profit because they build in a margin to cover their costs and a bit more. For every £100 staked, they pay around £90 back. In the old days of 10% betting tax on top of the bookies margins, it was almost impossible to beat them. That only changed when betting went online, and what they make from the mug punters allows them to make some pretty spectacular offers. The advent of things like 'best odds guaranteed' and 'money back if your selection finishes second to the favourite' means that if you are selective it's really not that difficult to make a few quid.
    My dad wasn't a mug , when he got old and his mind wasn't so sharp he lost it. Of all the worst post I have ever read this is the worst . I hope other posters can see this and support me.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    My dad wasn't a mug , when he got old and his mind wasn't so sharp he lost it. Of all the worst post I have ever read this is the worst . I hope other posters can see this and support me.
    Get real. I didn't say your dad was a mug, but the evidence you have put forward suggests he became a mug punter, just the sort the bookies like. No need to get all dramatic, I wasn't insulting your dad in the slightest.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 03-03-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Get real. I didn't say your dad was a mug, but the evidence you have put forward suggests he became a mug punter, just the sort the bookies like. No need to get all dramatic, I wasn't insulting your dad in the slightest.
    " the evidence you have put forward suggests he became a mug punter " He got old ! Yer ****

" the evidence you have put forward suggests he became a mug punter " He got old ! Yer ****
    What you have posted suggests that the betting talents he once had had deteriorated due to his age, in the end making him the sort the bookies love. Nothing more or less than that. This isn't a judgement on your dad who could have been a fantastic bloke for all I know, it's merely about his betting strategy from what you've said. All this bullsh!t like "Of all the worst post I have ever read this is the worst. I hope other posters can see this and support me" is just pathetic. You really do love to play the victim.

What you have posted suggests that the betting talents he once had had deteriorated due to his age, in the end making him the sort the bookies love. Nothing more or less than that. This isn't a judgement on your dad who could have been a fantastic bloke for all I know, it's merely about his betting strategy from what you've said. All this bullsh!t like "Of all the worst post I have ever read this is the worst. I hope other posters can see this and support me" is just pathetic. You really do love to play the victim.
    Do I

"is just pathetic "

Do I
    "This isn't a judgement on your dad who could have been a fantastic bloke for all I know " Yes , he was a great bloke you prick , a great dad who I love and miss everyday.

"This isn't a judgement on your dad who could have been a fantastic bloke for all I know " Yes , he was a great bloke you prick , a great dad who I love and miss everyday.
    You really are a strange little chap. This discussion is about the merits of betting, not the merits of your dad. From what you've said about his interest in horse racing, me and him would probably have happily shared a pint or two. If that was really "the worst post you have ever read" you should seriously man up a bit and try and get out more.

I must admit navy you have got the wrong end of the stick with EPs post. He is not insulting your dad, I understand what he is saying as I like a bet myself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast