+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Betting

OT Betting

It's a mug's game, really, but I couldn't help noticing that the Five Star Movement are 1/3 at Coral to win most seats in the Italian elections tomorrow. It's a low price but I'd say almost a dead cert. Berlusconi will have a late charge because of the blanket positive coverage on his various media outlets but M5S should win comfortably.

If you can afford to chuck a tenner away I'd have it on M5S and hopefully let the good people of Italy buy you a pint.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    It's a mug's game, really.
    I've said it many times, it's only a mug's game if you're a mug, and fortunately there are plenty about.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I've said it many times, it's only a mug's game if you're a mug, and fortunately there are plenty about.
    I would say unfortunately rather than fortunately! But yes, there are, that's why I am wary of encouraging people to bet, having said that I do think M5S are overpriced, even at 1/3.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I would say unfortunately rather than fortunately! But yes, there are, that's why I am wary of encouraging people to bet, having said that I do think M5S are overpriced, even at 1/3.
    The mugs allow the bookies to make some excellent offers, and with Cheltenham on the horizon there will be plenty around. Seeing as you are talking politics, there is a guaranteed* win on offer in the next UK general election. If you bet £100 on Labour at evens, and £95.24 on the Tories at 11/10, your outlay of £195.24 will return £200 whichever party gets most seats. It's only a small profit margin, but if you find enough of these type of bets it's very hard to lose.

* The only way you could lose is if LibDems, UKIP etc win most seats, but that won't happen.

The mugs allow the bookies to make some excellent offers, and with Cheltenham on the horizon there will be plenty around. Seeing as you are talking politics, there is a guaranteed* win on offer in the next UK general election. If you bet £100 on Labour at evens, and £95.24 on the Tories at 11/10, your outlay of £195.24 will return £200 whichever party gets most seats. It's only a small profit margin, but if you find enough of these type of bets it's very hard to lose.

* The only way you could lose is if LibDems, UKIP etc win most seats, but that won't happen.

Only mugs bet, bookies laugh at them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Only mugs bet, bookies laugh at them.
    Yet again, the board's village idiot posts on a topic he clearly knows nothing about.

I have yet to see a bankrupt bookie & I have yet to meet a gambler who doesn't claim that they don't come out winning so something doesn't add up However we all waste our money on something so as long as people get enjoyment out of it then it's up to them, live & let live.

Yet again, the board's village idiot posts on a topic he clearly knows nothing about.

Hello Jeremy.

I love betting, I rent a shop to a bookie, they always pay on time and up front, I wonder why lol xxxx Keep going in mate, I love spending the rent.

Growing up my old man went to the bookies more or less every day . He knew his horses and when he had a big win it was fish & chips for all of us. He was a good man and we never wanted for anything . His family came first and i got my love for Notts from him. In his later years he had a phone account with a bookies and would bet on things he knew nothing about , cricket , rugby etc. After he died my mother was shocked and upset to find how little he had in his accounts . Was he a mug , unfortunately yes. I don't gamble nor do my brother or sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Growing up my old man went to the bookies more or less every day . He knew his horses and when he had a big win it was fish & chips for all of us. He was a good man and we never wanted for anything . His family came first and i got my love for Notts from him. In his later years he had a phone account with a bookies and would bet on things he knew nothing about , cricket , rugby etc. After he died my mother was shocked and upset to find how little he had in his accounts . Was he a mug , unfortunately yes. I don't gamble nor do my brother or sisters.

Respect.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast