+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Its surprising how people vote

they keep changing the boundaries of the wards to suit the conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I suppose if expecting young people to be able to obtain a home , a job not on a ZHC basis , affordable further education and a decent free at the point of use health service to be a fairytale then fair enough .
    When I was saving up for my first house I had 3 jobs, I hadn't had a holiday abroad, and I drove a 20 year old mini that cost me £100.
    Admittedly house prices are now through the roof but most young 'uns aren't prepared to do one job if it involves working up a sweat, let alone do a 2nd job. They all want a brand new BMW or Audi, they hop on planes like I used to get on buses, will only wear designer clothes and spend more money on mobile phone contracts and credit cards than I earn.
    As for the NHS, it's unsustainable. People are living 20 years longer (which brings its own problems), and so many people are drug/alcohol dependent, vastly overweight, hyperchondriacts.
    They're all as bad as each other unfortunately.
    I've never noticed myself better or worse off no matter who is in power.
    As George Michael said 'These are the days of the beggars and the choosers.The rich declare themselves poor, and most of us are not sure if we have too much but we'll take our chances'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    When I was saving up for my first house I had 3 jobs, I hadn't had a holiday abroad, and I drove a 20 year old mini that cost me £100.
    Admittedly house prices are now through the roof but most young 'uns aren't prepared to do one job if it involves working up a sweat, let alone do a 2nd job. They all want a brand new BMW or Audi, they hop on planes like I used to get on buses, will only wear designer clothes and spend more money on mobile phone contracts and credit cards than I earn.
    As for the NHS, it's unsustainable. People are living 20 years longer (which brings its own problems), and so many people are drug/alcohol dependent, vastly overweight, hyperchondriacts.
    As George Michael said 'These are the days of the beggars and the choosers.The rich declare themselves poor, and most of us are not sure if we have too much but we'll take our chances'.

Agree with all that except the NHS reference
    Of course it's sustainable so long as we have the will to pay for it

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    The younger people say that the older generations had the best of everything , free higher education , affordable houses , stable jobs with trade union representation , wealth created by house price booms , final salary pensions and just buggerd up their futures by voting to leave the EU and have also pushed the ladder away by continuing to vote Tory too .

What do you think of that hodger ?

Only commenting on some of the things I hear when talking to younger people by the way .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Agree with all that except the NHS reference
    Of course it's sustainable so long as we have the will to pay for it
    Where's the will to pay for it though, Exile?

In last year's General Election, the Lib Dems said they would put more into the NHS, but everyone would have to pay via a 1% rise in Income Tax - they got nowhere. Labour said that they would put more into the NHS and someone else would pay - they came up 56 seats behind the Tories, who said that there's nowt wrong with the NHS and that enough money is being spent on it.

you could double the nhs budget and it wouldn't be enough
    just 1% pay rise for the 1.5 million NHS workers would be between £400,000,000 and £500,000,000 and they are screaming for a minimum 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    just 1% pay rise for the 1.5 million NHS workers would be between £400,000,000 and £500,000,000 and they are screaming for a minimum 5%.
    "you could double the nhs budget and it wouldn't be enough"

Opinion stated as fact

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post

There's a solution yorkshireborn , privatise the NHS as per the US .

A single person's cover averages around £3154 per annum .

Family cover is £5778 .

There you go fixed it for you .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There's a solution yorkshireborn , privatise the NHS as per the US .

A single person's cover averages around £3154 per annum .

Family cover is £5778 .

There you go fixed it for you .

And if you don't have £5778 tough sh1t but you could always let them eat cake
    Yeah that's how we should have it

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    And if you don't have £5778 tough sh1t but you could always let them eat cake
    Yeah that's how we should have it
    Well apparently the US Federal Government still spends more per person on health provision than we do despite americans also having health care insurance so in affect americans are paying twice through health care insurance premiums and taxation .

I'm guessing Obamacare is possibly one of the factors .

Seem to remember reading this last year , pretty sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken of course .

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast