+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham Have Sacked Steve Cotterill

To be honest fellas I don't think it matters who Birmingham appoint. The rot has clearly set in at that football club. I watch Birmingham vlogs(Davos diary) on YouTube now and again and their fans are gutted how chronically bad they've become since Rowett got fired. They are mainly honest in their assessment after games and rather like Sunderland they believe they're gonners this season. We shall see.

Personally I think it'll be a close run thing but I'm thinking 45 points will be enough to survive. Can we get those points? Can they and the other poor teams? Let's hope we're the best of a bad bunch

I also suggested that in another post Pass, that we'll need about 13 more points to put us on 45, and that could be enough in what has proved to be a terrible lower half of the Champship this season.
    I also like the fans vlogs and Ive watched some of those that Davo does with their Blues fans, and yes they were disgusted with Cotterill. If their new boss puts them on a little run of wins to begin with though, its going to put pressure on us and we can do without that.
    When you look at expectation levels Im surprised to see Jaap Stam still in the job at Reading, they have flopped badly this season and the Fowls arent doing much better are they.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I also suggested that in another post Pass, that we'll need about 13 more points to put us on 45, and that could be enough in what has proved to be a terrible lower half of the Champship this season.
    I also like the fans vlogs and Ive watched some of those that Davo does with their Blues fans, and yes they were disgusted with Cotterill. If their new boss puts them on a little run of wins to begin with though, its going to put pressure on us and we can do without that.
    When you look at expectation levels Im surprised to see Jaap Stam still in the job at Reading, they have flopped badly this season and the Fowls arent doing much better are they.
    It shows how unpredictable this division is Acido . From contenders to losers in 12 months, Reading and Wednesday looking nervously over their shoulders. I think the majority of owners/fans have high expectations but it only leads to disappointment. That's football for you.

I have developed a more philosophical outlook the older I've got. It's always interesting reading this message board because there's a broad knowledge from various age groups. It gives you a gauge on Sometimes reading Ponte Steve's posts reminds me of how I used to feel a few year ago- I pyssed off a few times missen at aif time in disgust It goes right through to the wise owl SB who's probably sin ivrything darn theer over t years and tha certainly can't pull wool over his eyes. Hope tha well SB. Dunt stop posting fella. Adding balance to healthy debate is always welcome in my eyes.

There are things at the club that just don't feel right to me , when Hecky came in it felt right , I'm not saying he was a world beater because he wasn't but he ticked more boxes for me than he left empty .

This Jose , I don't know , I'm lacking in evidence here if we are basing this on his tenure thus far but it just doesn't do it for me , just a feeling in mi water .

There's no longevity in this for me , he keeps us up and gets an offer and he'll be away , his track record tells you that , we go down and I don't see him sticking around either .

The blokes minted with the compo he's received from Chelsea , he's 51 years old , not sure about the hunger and motivation to be honest .

When it's working then he's going to be interested , it's when it's not that interests me and how many extra miles he's going to go .

Fly by night springs to mind , we'll see of course .

Those others who were in the running at the time Animal, like Larry Grayson & Gary Monk etc, would you have preferred one of them and bear in mind would they also have wanted the 'so called' coach and NOT manager role that Hecky had ?.
    None of us can be convinced at a new boss after just a few games of course, hes going to have to win us over and that always has been the case. In my negative ways I still keep telling myself we're in trouble here etc., but I genuinely think we've given ourselves a better chance of staying up by making the change, even though it wasnt of our own choosing.

I’d have loved Birmingham to have kept the mornj pot

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It shows how unpredictable this division is Acido . From contenders to losers in 12 months, Reading and Wednesday looking nervously over their shoulders. I think the majority of owners/fans have high expectations but it only leads to disappointment. That's football for you.

I have developed a more philosophical outlook the older I've got. It's always interesting reading this message board because there's a broad knowledge from various age groups. It gives you a gauge on Sometimes reading Ponte Steve's posts reminds me of how I used to feel a few year ago- I pyssed off a few times missen at aif time in disgust It goes right through to the wise owl SB who's probably sin ivrything darn theer over t years and tha certainly can't pull wool over his eyes. Hope tha well SB. Dunt stop posting fella. Adding balance to healthy debate is always welcome in my eyes.
    SB will be shacked up wi Miss Yung sumweer , fillin his booits

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

Just tekkin a well-earned break Pass. Al be back in a bit when snows cleared.

(A see Ballotelli wants to jump from the sinking ship at OGC Nice)

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Those others who were in the running at the time Animal, like Larry Grayson & Gary Monk etc, would you have preferred one of them and bear in mind would they also have wanted the 'so called' coach and NOT manager role that Hecky had ?.
    None of us can be convinced at a new boss after just a few games of course, hes going to have to win us over and that always has been the case. In my negative ways I still keep telling myself we're in trouble here etc., but I genuinely think we've given ourselves a better chance of staying up by making the change, even though it wasnt of our own choosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    SB will be shacked up wi Miss Yung sumweer , fillin his booits

The Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Garry Monk as our new Manager.

He will be assisted by Pep Clotet, James Beattie and Darryl Flahavan.

Sean Rush joins Monk's backroom staff as Head of Performance and Ryan Needs comes in as Head of Analysis.

After talks today, Monk has signed a three-and-a-half year contract.

Assistant Manager Clotet, First Team Coach Beattie and Goalkeeper Coach Flahavan have also agreed contracts until the summer of 2021.

The Club is delighted to have secured the services of one of the game's brightest young managers in Monk, 38.

He began his managerial career when Swansea City Club Captain, in February 2014, succeeding Michael Laudrup.

Having kept Swans in the Premier League, he guided them to a club-best eighth in the 2014-15 campaign.

In the summer of 2016 Monk joined Leeds United and brought the good times back to Elland Road following several mid-table finishes.

In June 2017, Monk took up the reins at newly-relegated Middlesbrough and his time at the Riverside came to an end in December, following an away victory over Sheffield Wednesday with the team sitting three points outside the Play-Offs.

As a player, centre-half Monk made 339 career appearances and lifted the League Cup with Swansea in 2013. He also captained Swans to the League One title and Championship Play-Off Final victory.

He began his career as a trainee at Torquay United before moving to Southampton. It was at Swansea, where he moved in 2004, that he really carved out a niche.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast