+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Big" Champ clubs going down the pan with crap managers and massive issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    In the piglets case, all you hear come out of the club is negativity. Chansiri cutting staff holidays while playing staff are not being played to stop huge bonuses. It’s been known for a while he’s lost the plot. Can’t/won’t pump any money in, down is the only way to go.

We had this 7 or so years ago, and we’ve come back stronger but they need another change of ownership in my eyes.

Wilder really has turned us around ... what a job he’s done!
    Freedom of the City for both?

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    They were lucky they got a couple of decent results earlier in the season.
    Results that they probably wouldn't get if they had to play those games again

1-1 Draw at Cardiff
    1-0 Win at Fulham
    2-1 Win over Brentford
    3-0 Win over Leeds
    2-1 Win at Villa
    0-0 Draw at BDBL?

There is a really excellent op on Owlstalk (yes I know - but I am being serious) under the heading of the Accounts and FFP.
    I’d rather like something similar on here about our accounts. Well worth a read.

It also reappears on another thread entitled £100 million.
    Last edited by RonnieWaldock; 04-03-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    ...(Oinkers) losing half a million a month.
    Sorry, my mistake. The oinkers are losing half a million A WEEK! It takes something a bit special to allow yourself to get in a position where every day, you get up, drive to the office and then shove £60,000 down the hole never to be seen again. £60 GRAND A DAY!!,

...and they say I'm mad.

He's back, advising people how to avoid having to beg on the steps of the High Court because of a laughable business plan that depended on an average attendance of 32000 with everybody buying a pint and a Beres sandwich. Oh, and Workd Cup games.

Read it and weep with laughter

Lee Strafford
    Sheffield Wednesday Reserves
    [​IMG]
    Sheffield Wednesday Fan
    943 posts
    Location:Stuck between hope and pragmatism......leaning towards hope!
    Posted 23 hours ago
    On 3/1/2018 at 22:04, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but put that to one side for a second

Listen to Mr Chansiri's repeated calls for fans to back him

How can we? What else can be done? What can the fans buy/do that they're not already?

Ifollow misses a massive opportunity. As does our concourse food offerings.

But the biggie for me would be a real Wednesday members scheme per Barcelona on the back of which we made real Dejphon Chansiri's talk about being head of a family club.

If members paid £100 per year to collectively maintain an ownership of upto 40% of the club then I think the majority of the adults across the 500k fanbase as at 2010 (plus growth since then), would sign up (No I am not and would not advocate moving back to fan ownership outright). Structure this so that the annual fee is revenue and we would be onto a winner.

This would create a real bond across the Wednesday family, would not ask anything more of Dejphon that what he has already publicly said about his intentions of running our club ie 'a not trying to make profit mutual model where we all contribute'. Members could access a full behind the scenes light hearted documentary style coverage of the day to day goings on at the club (delivery capabability already in place so no major uplift in cost) and get preferencial access to tickets and merchandise.

300k x £100 per year = £30m per annum........

In the long term you then upsell all members onto a video deal where all matches can be watched.

Oh and nice food but 2/3 the normal portion sizes priced at full portrion sizes would sell well and have fans in the stadium much longer.

There is lots that can be done if the smarts and the desire is in place.

But it will always be smaller in impact than - DO buy / sign young, fit, and talented players on values and contracts where you can see uplift in value in the near term, DON'T buy / sign old, unfit and talented players on terms that will be impossible to move them on or which will wee wee off the existing players........

500,000 fan base minimum, no wonder they're so MASSIVE.
    Just seen the definition of "deluded" in the OED- "pig fan opening his mouth".

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    500,000 fan base minimum, no wonder they're so MASSIVE.
    Just seen the definition of "deluded" in the OED- "pig fan opening his mouth".
    I was gobsmacked by his business plan hinging on 300k people being deluded enough to pay £100 per year. They'd struggle to get season ticket holders to do it, why is someone who doesn't even going to go to the matches put the money in? ****ing hell, no wonder he failed so spectacularly.

Just how would selling smaller pies at full price get fans in the stadium for longer?

Guess they'd all be stood there with their mouths open wondering where it had gone which, to be fair, is how most piggy's stand anyway.

Oh. and just how /why has the fan base extended since 2010?

300.000 with priority access to tivckets- now that would work!

Just need to build the 400,000 seater stadium.
    Last edited by tomytony; 05-03-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    He's back, advising people how to avoid having to beg on the steps of the High Court because of a laughable business plan that depended on an average attendance of 32000 with everybody buying a pint and a Beres sandwich. Oh, and Workd Cup games.

Read it and weep with laughter

Lee Strafford
    Sheffield Wednesday Reserves
    [​IMG]
    Sheffield Wednesday Fan
    943 posts
    Location:Stuck between hope and pragmatism......leaning towards hope!
    Posted 23 hours ago
    On 3/1/2018 at 22:04, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but put that to one side for a second

Listen to Mr Chansiri's repeated calls for fans to back him

How can we? What else can be done? What can the fans buy/do that they're not already?

Ifollow misses a massive opportunity. As does our concourse food offerings.

But the biggie for me would be a real Wednesday members scheme per Barcelona on the back of which we made real Dejphon Chansiri's talk about being head of a family club.

If members paid £100 per year to collectively maintain an ownership of upto 40% of the club then I think the majority of the adults across the 500k fanbase as at 2010 (plus growth since then), would sign up (No I am not and would not advocate moving back to fan ownership outright). Structure this so that the annual fee is revenue and we would be onto a winner.

This would create a real bond across the Wednesday family, would not ask anything more of Dejphon that what he has already publicly said about his intentions of running our club ie 'a not trying to make profit mutual model where we all contribute'. Members could access a full behind the scenes light hearted documentary style coverage of the day to day goings on at the club (delivery capabability already in place so no major uplift in cost) and get preferencial access to tickets and merchandise.

300k x £100 per year = £30m per annum........

In the long term you then upsell all members onto a video deal where all matches can be watched.

Oh and nice food but 2/3 the normal portion sizes priced at full portrion sizes would sell well and have fans in the stadium much longer.

There is lots that can be done if the smarts and the desire is in place.

But it will always be smaller in impact than - DO buy / sign young, fit, and talented players on values and contracts where you can see uplift in value in the near term, DON'T buy / sign old, unfit and talented players on terms that will be impossible to move them on or which will wee wee off the existing players........

OMG
    Has a supposedly respectable business man put that together ?

Absolute delusion of the highest order,

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Just how would selling smaller pies at full price get fans in the stadium for longer?

Guess they'd all be stood there with their mouths open wondering where it had gone which, to be fair, is how most piggy's stand anyway.

Oh. and just how /why has the fan base extended since 2010?
    It's funny that he's talking portion control in the first place but the idiot has already let the cat out of the bag telling them he'd charge full price for a 2/3rds portion. So much for the wendy "family" when he's prepared openly to cheat them.

As Carpe Diem says, 300,000 at £100. If it's an annual fee a sixth disappears in VAT to start with so he's SIX MILLION QUID out straight away. Plus he wants DK to give the fans 40% of his shares for nothing.

I think this is basically his CV as a CEO for Chansiris consideration. After all, it worked well for them last time didn't it?

To summarise, he hasn't got a clue. Even Soprano wouldn't fall for any of that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast