+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 76 League Cup final

My third final (67 and 70 before it) or fourth if you include the Drybrough Cup final.

Mental on the west terracing, bottles, cans, chunks of railway sleepers and bobbies' hats in the air. A bit of a gauntlet to face heading back to Kings Park station, and Plod were also spoiling for a fecht and a boost to their arrest rate en route.

Crossing the car park's potholes and dubby deep puddles with the ordnance being poured on us by Tims, was like a mini-Somme.

Proper Mannies' Fitba.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    My third final (67 and 70 before it) or fourth if you include the Drybrough Cup final.

Mental on the west terracing, bottles, cans, chunks of railway sleepers and bobbies' hats in the air. A bit of a gauntlet to face heading back to Kings Park station, and Plod were also spoiling for a fecht and a boost to their arrest rate en route.

Crossing the car park's potholes and dubby deep puddles with the ordnance being poured on us by Tims, was like a mini-Somme.

Proper Mannies' Fitba.
    Oon the subject of LC 76.....I mind going to Stirling for the 2nd leg of the q/f......mental......I was introduced to what looked like a scheme gang fighting with us at the ground....as a young dandy I was like......aye,aye......what is all this about?.....got beat 1-0 and eventually we won the 3rd match(replay) at Dens.......strange rules in those days.

Semi final....a knuckle dragging bunch of Orcs approached my father, myself and some chums.....” one more goal and you’re going 6 feet under”....FFS......cue Jocky Scott.....boom......I told Jocky the story a few years back in Carnoustie.....happy days and my disdain for the bigot brothers remain to this day......as for Stirling Albion, ......respect to them for sticking up for their team/scheme with even numbers......anyway, their new ground (Forthbank?) and surrounding facilities/logistics was apparently the template that Dod/Stewartie have based Kingsford on.....

SF

Thanks for the replys folks, its good to hear a few stories about what went on back in the day.
    Cheers

Pele Campbell was a good old-fashioned wee Scottish winger. Had a few tricks and was a pleasure to watch. Ryan Fraser pit me in min o hi,

Travelled up on the overnight train from Peterborough to Glasgow. Meet a fellow Red on the platform and stayed with him and his pals the rest of the next day once they all meet up.
    I stayed sober they got ****faced
    I saw the game, I don't think they did.
    In the ( Liquidated Rangers end ) bloody hell what an afternoon it was split half Aberdeen and half Timothy's. Bottles and worse flying for 90 mins non stop.

First major final I saw the Dons win. Great day out / unforgettable in so many ways

Travelled back down south overnight - minus my new friend who I never saw again I hope he enjoyed the game and the rain as much as I did

Happy days

My first trip to the Weege, first final.

Can remember after the game, heading through Glesga, like something from another planet, or post apocolypse, barren, desolate wastelands, and that was probably the more salubruious parts.

Peered out the window, bricks heading my way, minkers everywhere. And there, in the rain, was Norman Goldie, bedecked as ever is Dons ragalia, scarves knotted to each wrist, on his own, truding through the rain, seemingly oblivous to the mayhem all around him.

Happy days, and RIP Norman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Oon the subject of LC 76.....I mind going to Stirling for the 2nd leg of the q/f......mental......I was introduced to what looked like a scheme gang fighting with us at the ground....as a young dandy I was like......aye,aye......what is all this about?.....got beat 1-0 and eventually we won the 3rd match(replay) at Dens.......strange rules in those days.

Semi final....a knuckle dragging bunch of Orcs approached my father, myself and some chums.....” one more goal and you’re going 6 feet under”....FFS......cue Jocky Scott.....boom......I told Jocky the story a few years back in Carnoustie.....happy days and my disdain for the bigot brothers remain to this day......as for Stirling Albion, ......respect to them for sticking up for their team/scheme with even numbers......anyway, their new ground (Forthbank?) and surrounding facilities/logistics was apparently the template that Dod/Stewartie have based Kingsford on.....

SF
    Slightly off topic but Stirling Albion was always supported by a hard core of mentalists. Reasonably big town . Pitifully poor wee team. Only time I've been assaulted inside a football ground was in the 80s when as 14 year old loon with my Forfar scarf on I was smashed right in the face by a sixfoot Stirling skinhead.

Even further off-topic, my pal Eric is a Forfar fan who worked with me at Angus College. He told of the day that Arbroath, doing well, came to Station Park and the Loons went 3-0 up by half time.

Eric went for a pish, and some Red Lichtie standing next to him said, "A disaster oot there so far, eh big man?"

Eric responded that the scoreline suited him fine, to which the Smokie responded, "You're nae one o them Emmerdale clunts are ye?"

Emmerdale.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Peered out the window, bricks heading my way, minkers everywhere. And there, in the rain, was Norman Goldie, bedecked as ever is Dons ragalia, scarves knotted to each wrist, on his own, truding through the rain, seemingly oblivous to the mayhem all around him.

Happy days, and RIP Norman
    Thats a great image I'm sure a lot of us were familiar with

Good old Norman.

Pele Campbell was another "up and coming star" who never made it. Always picture him in my head with the blue kit on, playing for the reserves, for some strange reason.

Wasn't at the League Cup Final, was only 11years old, but apart from the post match celebrations one of the things that sticks in my mind about that day, even as a young loon, was Scotsport's Ian Archer's puss after the game. By f*ck, if he wasn't a tim, he didn't half look gutted about it. Went full rant on how celtic were robbed, gave us no credit whatsoever. He either really loved celtic or hated us with a passion.

That's how I remember it anyway.

One of the first times I can remember being aware of the SMSM's blatant old firm bias.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast