+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our fizzy players in europe

Our fizzy players in europe

Now i know i bang on about rafas negative tactics
    and have said many times our players are not fizzy and are a top 10-12 team

does anyone else think with a little more posativity from the start that we could be looking at a place in europe

we aint that far from it at the moment

A good percentage of our Squad are fizzy but so are Burnleys,hard work can make a difference but our bench is not good enough if we get players injured or out of form which happened before Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

does anyone else think with a little more posativity from the start that we could be looking at a place in europe

The way this league is, anything would have been possible.
    It's been a strange season.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    A good percentage of our Squad are fizzy but so are Burnleys,hard work can make a difference but our bench is not good enough if we get players injured or out of form which happened before Xmas.
    No they aren't mate.
    Take a look at 70% of the teams in that premier league and it's clear they aren't championship. If they are then most of all those teams are as well.

That's just been excuses made for why were were struggling earlier. We aren't struggling now so there's no real need to use that card.

I honestly think that if we had pushed forward more earlier in the season we would be heading for relegation, not Europe. We would´ve been ripped a new one in some of the games, the players´confidence would´ve fallen and we´d be in trouble now.

Let´s not forget how tight the table is, never mind the position we were in 3 games a ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    No they aren't mate.
    Take a look at 70% of the teams in that premier league and it's clear they aren't championship. If they are then most of all those teams are as well.

That's just been excuses made for why were were struggling earlier. We aren't struggling now so there's no real need to use that card.
    We struggle when our first 11 are not available because half the squad ARE fizzy,Kenedy plus new keeper joining and a return to form of Shelvey,Diame,and Ritchie and Lejuene and Dummets return from injury have made the difference,most of our replacements are not good enough.

We struggle when our first 11 are not available because half the squad ARE fizzy,.
    Exactly (yeah, I know all clubs do to an extent but the quality of our cover-as well as some of the first team-is particularly poor)

Neither of our 'keepers-who were 1st choice before Dubravka-are up to the task.

Full backs? When Dummett is out (and boy has he upped his game because he definitely used to be in the 'Chimpo standard' category...must have been coached well, eh? ) Manquillo is just about the worst full back I can remember and who else do we have at either LB or RB. Even yedlin is shaky defensively and he's first choice.

Hayden-I'm afraid he's not up to it either. One of the big frustrations with Diame was that we knew what he could do when he put his mind to it but Hayden? What are his strengths? Has he ever dominated a Premier League midfield like Diame can?

Joselu? ffs, man.

Atsu? We look at Diame and say 'well, what can you expect for only £5 mil?'. Atsu cost one million more and whilst I know there's not a direct correlation he's not great either, is he.

The teams who thrive are those who have some genuine quality on the bench or, failing that, have players who aren't hugely below the standard of the players they're replacing. For me, the quality of a few of our first team isn't very high to start with and the players who replace them are way below even that standard.

That's why we struggled, because of who we had to bring in-not because Rafa read this forum and said 'By God, I had better start attacking'.

Well put Zip

you can take 10-12 tems in the prem an say their bench isnt good enough

im sure even manure and chelsea and arsenal would say their benches arent good enough

the truth is most team only have a strong 12-15 players

because of the wages etc you cant have quality in every department unless you can guarantee european footy

people can keep using the statement that we have fizzy players to attack ash or defend rafa

the truth is a real fan can see they arent

im all for the way rafa has played in these last few games

pople can say we would have had our arses spanked ?really

nothing has changed from a few weeks ago other than rafa has stopped picking his ****e buys
    and has picked a stable side that has got games under their belts ,are playing attacking footy ,and are fighting for each other because they are getting game time as long as they perform

prior you could have a good game and get dropped\

gayle scores
    he gets dropped for josewho

i said we needed players to have arun of games ,stability
    that is what bournemouth and burnley do

when teams come up they need to gel they need to get used to the prem they need to learn what players at this level do

and they cant keep doing that playing different formations and with different players week in and week out

rafa seems to have got it right eventually
    to late and to stubborn for what should have been a really good season

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

Hate Rafa slates him at every opportunity
    Now thinks if we were more positive we could be in Europe
    What a nob you want locking up you nutter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)