+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover back on

Takeover back on

Ashley has had constructive talks with Amanda Stavely over the past few weeks according to some press reports.

Whilst not mathematically safe, we’re that close to it then potential buyers must be seeing us as a Premiership team next season.

Best possible scenario would be a sale sorted before the transfer window opens... not feckin likely I know, but if it’s gonna happen then please happen soon.

Ashley will still play hard ball.

the price will have gone up....

mind you, without relegation clauses in place, it should be more negotiable.

I'm gonna just enjoy the moment and hope that Rafa, Kenedy and Dubravka all stay.

Whoever takes over will have to be on par with Ashley or better.
    The issue is, what is better...seriously?

Massive influx of cash for bigger buys and bigger wages?

Let's hope that, if so, it is sustainable and not a case of ending up with a mountain of big contracts on unsustainable wages with no real progress made.

Just remember that 11 years of Ashley still leaves us in the premier league with a manager that people seem happy with and a position that seemed a world away this season.

Argue all you want about it being Rafa alone and what not but the stark reality is much much deeper than that.

A staveley could be a Brady, eh?

I don't mind Ashley walking away.......IF..... I know that the new owners ensure that, no matter what they try to do for the good of the club, they also have a strong contingency plan for any event that does not pan out as thought...and this is long term ownership strategy that will at the very least leave the club financially stable and fighting at the right end.

That's all I ask.
    The grass isn't always greener.

"still" in the premier league?

back in the premier league you mean?

following 2 relegations that Ashley must take full responsibility for!

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    "still" in the premier league?

back in the premier league you mean?

following 2 relegations that Ashley must take full responsibility for!
    After 11 years of his tenure we are still in the premier league as it stands.
    By the way some people have went on you'd think we'd been sliding down the leagues.
    Twice we went down but came back up as champions.

We are still in the premier league under his 11 year tenure.
    I for one am grateful we actually have him as owner in terms of the stability of this club and I'll be genuinely worried if it gets taken over until I see the set up and the mindset of the new owners.

I just hope they're better for us long term and are not a flash in the pan.

The reports have no quotes or anything though - well at least ones i've seen.

Just seems to be reporter guess work to fill a page.

The fact we were all saying things might start happening again once safety was confirmed just seems to play into it.

As i said in a previous post... its job done for Fatash on minimum spend , and the takeover talk starts all over again and will be an excuse for no spending (cos he is selling up..ala January).

Whats to stop him doing exactly the same ? Pocket the media money , get his free advertising, sell anyone who is worth anything, and bring a few loans in and another Joselu ...finish 15th and job done again... Cheap Cheap Cheap...its his brand image and the way he runs his other businesses.

****1ng stability???

Relegated twice and if not for a world class manager it would of been a third

And add to that more debt than ever before

You're either on the wind up or mental

The issue is, what is better...seriously?
    Seriously ...... a person or regime who cares for the good of the club...... not some serial gambler !!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)