+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well done Brighton

Well done Brighton

A bad result for NUFC but you have to admire a Championship team playing in the PL that beats one of the big 6 and wins precious points. Brighton are now 5 points clear of us. Obviously they weren't paralysed with fear at playing one of the top 6 teams, whether in form or not. They must have played to win not to minimise the margin of defeat. All this without a world class manager.

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    A bad result for NUFC but you have to admire a Championship team playing in the PL that beats one of the big 6 and wins precious points. Brighton are now 5 points clear of us. Obviously they weren't paralysed with fear at playing one of the top 6 teams, whether in form or not. They must have played to win not to minimise the margin of defeat. All this without a world class manager.
    broken recrod rafa this rafa that, rafa rafa rafa

go outside and enjoy life.

They played an Arsenal team who's confidence is rock bottom and who have a manager who may have lost the dressing room at home. You played a Liverpool side who's confidence is sky high and has one of the most dangerous front three in European football away from home.

Big difference mate.

We hammered Brighton 5-0 on their own patch by the way.
    Last edited by Redcustard; 04-03-2018 at 03:47 PM.

You make reasonable points but I'm sure that if we had played Arsenal today our approach wouldn't have differed from our approach to our game against you.

Over the course of the season Brighton have 5 more points than us and nobody to my knowledge praises their manager or makes excuses for him when they get beat nor have I heard Chris Hughton complaining about his squad.

The main point I keep making is that if we don't try to win games by playing attacking football we will go down. Having no ambition but to stop the other team from scoring will invite them to attack and they'll score and we'll get beat.

Like we did with Man U?

The main point I keep making is that if we don't try to win games by playing attacking football we will go down. Having no ambition but to stop the other team from scoring will invite them to attack and they'll score and we'll get beat.
    It's a tough one when you don't have the squad and you're playing the better sides. Because even if you come out and attack you don't have the players to hurt us and are more likely to get done on the counter yourselves. Brighton played open and expansive against us and got beat 5-0 on their own patch. You got a 1-1 draw against us on your own patch. Now which was the better result?

The mystery is why are Brighton over the course of the season, ignoring individual games, doing better than NUFC which most people say has a better manager? I have said repeatedly on this board that all managers are judged ultimately by their results. No one expects NUFC to compete with the top 6 teams but when we can't compete with Bournemouth and Brighton there is a question to be asked.

No one doubts that under-investment has played a large part in us being where we are but we can't do anything about that before the season ends so we must get points with the players we've got and unless we try to win games, risky though that is, our only hope is that 3 teams will do even worse than we do which isn't much of a strategy.

Of course you have fond memories of Rafa because he brought you success. Your loyalty to him hasn't been tested by flirting with relegation.

It's no mystery. Brighton and Bournemouth have invested more heavily than you lot and therefore now, in my opinion, have better squads. That's why they're doing better than you at the moment.

Seriously mate, with the greatest of respect, I just don't think you realise how poor your squad is at the moment. Rafa is the reason you're not rock bottom.

Of course you have fond memories of Rafa because he brought you success. Your loyalty to him hasn't been tested by flirting with relegation.

We've flirted with relegation since the fat parasite acquired the club, no matter who our manager is.

Some posters on here won't' accept that though Red. Everything is Rafa's fault - we lose his fault, we win and we didn't win enough etc.

It's a joke.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)