+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell drawn with in the Scottish Cup semi-final

Motherwell drawn with Aberdeen/Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup semi-final

Motherwell's reward for the win over Hearts is a semi-final draw against Aberdeen or Kilmarnock. - External Link
    Last edited by jwok; 04-03-2018 at 06:26 PM.

That's a good draw for us and a chance of another final opens up - unbelievably so.

At this moment in time can I just wish Kilmarnock all the best for their replay against Aberdeen and Rangers all the best for their semi against Celtic. Not just because I utterly despise Celtic but I believe that that scenario of Killie beating Aberdeen and Rangers beating Celtic would give us our best chance of winning the Scottish Cup.

Have to agree with you LSM. What a cup run for us this year makes a change. Can only hope it also helps us attract new players to the club

A good draw.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    That's a good draw for us and a chance of another final opens up - unbelievably so.

At this moment in time can I just wish Kilmarnock all the best for their replay against Aberdeen and Rangers all the best for their semi against Celtic. Not just because I utterly despise Celtic but I believe that that scenario of Killie beating Aberdeen and Rangers beating Celtic would give us our best chance of winning the Scottish Cup.
    Got to agree with that. A great draw for us, especially avoiding Celtic, who are not the team they were last season and they are beatable but still the toughest draw we could have been landed with. We have a great chance whoever we play at Hampden because we are a cracking cup team in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wellin View Post
    Got to agree with that. A great draw for us, especially avoiding Celtic, who are not the team they were last season and they are beatable but still the toughest draw we could have been landed with. We have a great chance whoever we play at Hampden because we are a cracking cup team in my opinion.
    The way I see it is that Rangers are more likely to beat Celtic than we are but we are more likely to beat Rangers in a final than we are to beat Celtic so therefore I would take a final against Rangers any day of the week.

That said, beating either Kilmarnock or Aberdeen will be extremely tough, but it's do-able IMO.

If its Aberdeen I could see it moved to Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by steviex View Post
    If its Aberdeen I could see it moved to Easter Road.
    No chance, this is the SFA's flagship tournament and they insist that their Semi Finals and Finals are played at Hampden and rightly so. If it was the League Cup then it might well be different but when was the last time the Scottish Cup Semis were taken away from Hampden?

I'll give you the best example possible. In 2011, our last Semi Final in this competition, we played St.Johnstone and the crowd was less than 20,000 with both supports spread out to look better for TV...that was at Hampden so if they allow that tie to be played at Hampden then they will allow us v. Aberdeen or Kilmarnock to go ahead at Hampden this year.

We WILL play our Semi Final at Hampden and so we should.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    :
    crowd was less than 20,000 with both supports spread out to look better for TV...that was at Hampden so if they allow that tie to be played at Hampden then they will allow us v. Aberdeen or Kilmarnock to go ahead at Hampden this year.

We WILL play our Semi Final at Hampden and so we should.
    Well if its against Killie there's a good chance it'll be less than 20,000.
    Pretty disappointing turnout today given 4800 were reported to be for Hearts.
    That said, I agree it should be at Hampden regardless. Any move would benefit Aberdeen should they get there.

How are receipts distributed for the semis?
    Combined from both games & distributed equally to all 4 clubs, or each game split between the 2 taking part?

Quote Originally Posted by firparkUSA View Post
    Pretty disappointing turnout today given 4800 were reported to be for Hearts.
    and reported wrongly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)