+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You Albion Clowns - Your approaching doom amuses me

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Midlands football is a pile of shlte even though I am a villa fan, Wolves Villa or Derby will not survive in the premiership, too many clubs now have big money and even though the 3 clubs mentioned have rich owners it counts for nothing under the FFP rules!!

Will Villa go up, well, we have a chance and that's all the Manager will say, will we get back to former glories, probably not in my life time.
    Will Albion get relegated, for sure, Will blues get relegated, for sure, Will Wolves come straight back down, for sure. Will Man Citeh win the league for the next 20 years, For sure, so what's the point. Until the monopoly that is SKY is Burst, I am afraid football for the purest is dead and buried.

Saying all that, I would Love a day out at Wembley and win the play off final, its something I guess.

Don't take this the wrong way but we will not be playing you next season so good luck with relegation, you guys are masters at it, isn't this the reason why you sing Boing Boing??
    In fairness FFP is not as restrictive to newly promoted sides as it is for those already there. Can't remember all of the rules, but whoever comes up will be able to pay big as income goes through the roof and they attempt to establish themselves. The challenge comes in the years after when they'll only be able to increase their wage bills by £7,000,000 per year.

As for the Boing Boing it has nothing to do with relegations. Group of lads went to Holland in the early 90's and heard a techno hit called Poing. Started jumping up and down to it on the terraces for a laugh, it became Boing Boing and a terrace chant was born. Pre dates our first season in the Prem' by about ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    In fairness FFP is not as restrictive to newly promoted sides as it is for those already there. Can't remember all of the rules, but whoever comes up will be able to pay big as income goes through the roof and they attempt to establish themselves. The challenge comes in the years after when they'll only be able to increase their wage bills by £7,000,000 per year.

As for the Boing Boing it has nothing to do with relegations. Group of lads went to Holland in the early 90's and heard a techno hit called Poing. Started jumping up and down to it on the terraces for a laugh, it became Boing Boing and a terrace chant was born. Pre dates our first season in the Prem' by about ten years.
    I can't verify the bit about lads going to Holland,( apart from the fact the track originated from Rotterdam of course) but I know for certain that track was all over the air waves at the time and found its way in no time to the back of the old terraced Brummie, I remember it very well. It soon became a new chant only Baggies! Baggies! was added at the end of each second 'boing'. There was another origin about the boing chant someone came out with, can't remember now, but in my opinion without any doubt it came from the Poing track.

Name:  IMG_0777.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  38.3 KB
    Last edited by The Minn Junta; 05-03-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: A Durrrrrr moment came over me after a long day at work

i'm surprised the Wulfs aint started saying they sang it first as with The Liquidator.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    i'm surprised the Wulfs aint started saying they sang it first as with The Liquidator.

No you can have that all day long, we didn't sing the Liquidator first but then again neither did WBA I suspect!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    No you can have that all day long, we didn't sing the Liquidator first but then again neither did WBA I suspect!
    HI Eve, Albion were the ist to sing along and add vocals to the Liquidator, how do i know i was there it was the Albion Skinhead girls who started it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    HI Eve, Albion were the ist to sing along and add vocals to the Liquidator, how do i know i was there it was the Albion Skinhead girls who started it.

Prove it!! I read the same from Chelsea fans and indeed my own! this argument will never be solved!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    For goodness sake, that was thirty six years ago. Players who weren't born then have had their careers and retired in that time. Yes, you might gain promotion but there's one certainty and that is, along with another dozen or so, you will be fighting to stay in the division. That's the way of the football world now. If you think that you will be pushing for the top six, then dream on!
    Thanks a lot LB. 36 years ago eh? Way to make me feel old.

I am sad the Baggies are going through this and wish only that Pulis was the one who should suffer it. Today Villa took apart Silunderland without getting out of 2nd gear. The win was great for us, but I had to spare a thought for Sunderland. A decent club that should be fighting between prem and Championship with an occasional good prem season, not looking at relegation. There are too many good clubs in our division whilst tin pot clubs are in the top flight, but hey good luck to them.

I hope you bounce back and we midland clubs all get to fight each other in the top flight again.

Hadn't seen much of Knowlsey on our board. He probably wanted to relive the better days of these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post

I am sad the Baggies are going through this and wish only that Pulis was the one who should suffer it. Today Villa took apart Silunderland without getting out of 2nd gear. The win was great for us, but I had to spare a thought for Sunderland. A decent club that should be fighting between prem and Championship with an occasional good prem season, not looking at relegation. There are too many good clubs in our division whilst tin pot clubs are in the top flight, but hey good luck to them.

I hope you bounce back and we midland clubs all get to fight each other in the top flight again.

Hadn't seen much of Knowlsey on our board. He probably wanted to relive the better days of these boards.
    I'm sorry for reminding you of the ageing process but it appears to us gentlemen of more mature years that it appears to be a more rapid process than it used to be. The thing is, as you say, you can't halt progress and the majority of clubs go through peaks and troughs. Unfortunately, with the money that the 'top boys' have at their disposal nowadays, unless there is huge change in the system, they won't suffer in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post

Hope Orlando is treating you well! Problem is Pulis was replaced with a clown as the lack of points from 15 games tells its own story as well as not buying the obvious in January, and the lack of discipline - Pardew and the Board are to blame for this! There are some decent clubs in the Championship and Cardiff, Fulham and Middlesbrough will come strong. Sunderland have been shocking all season as the club has been stripped bare, so they will definitely go, so it was not surprising you won last night.

I get what you are saying about tin pot clubs but - tradition - past history - fan base and a lovely stadium mean nothing in today's greed league. Look at Portsmouth and Leeds as examples. The reality is that clubs like Bournemouth have more more money and player quality than Villa and West Brom put together and the fact their gates are around 10,000 is immaterial as in football of today - supporters are irrelevant with big TV money.

Football is really coming on where you are - the new Orlando stadium is fantastic - their fan base is amazing and the match day support is electric! Just shows what you can do................

You two talking sense as usual. I miss the hey days of these boards.

I still have never been to Orlando. I would always root against them as Rowdies person. I haven't even been to a local game in a while.

Someone wrote that they hoped Villa would stay down because the football quality was better. But, they based it on the Man City game vs Chelsea which was awful, but I watched that and 4 other games last weekend and the other 4 were of much better stuff than that game including Stoke at Southampton which although was 0-0 was a really good game. We are missing out down in this league and need to find a way back fast.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)