+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Invitation to Comment on Any Players in Leeds Utd Squad 2017/18.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    next you’ll be saying your never gonna gibpve you up, never gonna say goodbye (or is that just Marley)
    Wrong group.

* Your band *

** What was this thread about again?! **

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Wrong group.

* Your band *

** What was this thread about again?! **
    Lol..

Fks sake this place can be a depressing and/or ridiculous place sometimes. I agree with Orgoner, what's that old saying about 95% perspiration, 5% inspiration....

I'd just like to point out that at least 50% of you have posted at one time or another this season "on our day we can beat anybody"....
    And a little reminder, with this current 'crop of sh1te' we've been top of the division, we've won 3-0 at Bristol City, (and played them off the park for 45 minutes at ER), we've beaten Boro, Norwich, Brentford, and should have beaten Villa and Derby (at their place). So I'd suggest there's a lot more talent in this squad than some on here seem to give us credit for. Yes there have also been some fkn abject displays, but to my mind it's not how sh1t you can be, it's how good, and clearly this team can do it. So what's actually needed is to try and provide the best possible environment so that our best performances become the norm. And yeah it's fkn simple to say 'chuck money at it, buy success, that always works'...........except no it doesn't, not every time (I won't list all the examples where this hasn't worked down the years, but as Leeds fans we should be especially aware of how that particular 'remedy to all our problems' can work out).

And one other point, I bet if someone had posted a list of the Huddersfield Town squad in August 2016 a lot on here would have written 'get rid' against most of them............

The team is scared. And i think most of us know why they are scared.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Lol..

Dunno what Radz will make of this survey. He'll probably buy an 80's pop singer on a 4 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Dunno what Radz will make of this survey. He'll probably buy an 80's pop singer on a 4 year contract.
    Dave Stewart's already played for us....

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Fks sake this place can be a depressing and/or ridiculous place sometimes. I agree with Orgoner, what's that old saying about 95% perspiration, 5% inspiration....

I'd just like to point out that at least 50% of you have posted at one time or another this season "on our day we can beat anybody"....
    And a little reminder, with this current 'crop of sh1te' we've been top of the division, we've won 3-0 at Bristol City, (and played them off the park for 45 minutes at ER), we've beaten Boro, Norwich, Brentford, and should have beaten Villa and Derby (at their place). So I'd suggest there's a lot more talent in this squad than some on here seem to give us credit for. Yes there have also been some fkn abject displays, but to my mind it's not how sh1t you can be, it's how good, and clearly this team can do it. So what's actually needed is to try and provide the best possible environment so that our best performances become the norm. And yeah it's fkn simple to say 'chuck money at it, buy success, that always works'...........except no it doesn't, not every time (I won't list all the examples where this hasn't worked down the years, but as Leeds fans we should be especially aware of how that particular 'remedy to all our problems' can work out).

And one other point, I bet if someone had posted a list of the Huddersfield Town squad in August 2016 a lot on here would have written 'get rid' against most of them............
    the ridsdale era is always the excuse for not spending money , well since then we have done the total opposite and where as it got us absolutely nowhere lol . you wont ever get success following the same path that as been trodden for donkeys years now. time to wake up and realise quality players cost serious money, and thats what is desperately needed in this team by the bucketload, if we are ever going to be playing in the top flight once again .

you have a far better chance spending money, . you have no chance been skinflints every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    At the risk of being shot down in flames, the club could learn a lot about breeding success from emulating how the New England Patriots go about their "version" of football here. *

One of the mantras they follow is "Do your job" which ties in nicely to the "Side before self" of Billy's era.

Individual players don't have to be world beaters (so I'm not going to go through that list - which, given how few games I get to these days, wouldn't carry much credence anyway), but they absolutely do need to instinctively, reactively and proactively know (through coaching/training ad nauseam) how to perform and react to patterns of play from both an attacking and defensive perspective.

One player can occasionally win a game almost on their own, but it is much more common for a cohesive team to do so and, if they do face an individual with supreme talents, they will be better prepared to shut them down or minimize their effectiveness.

Playing Messi? Okay, stick a Batty on him, with a Vinnie to back him up if needed.

Football is a team sport. Always has been. Always will be.
    Dunno mate, I think getting rid of Jimmy G to SF was a massive mistake, apparently BB wasn't too happy about it either.

But back on point. I keep hearing about money. We are a club that loses money every season like most teams, we operate on a negative income and we still have to follow FFP rules. If the owner hasn't got the money to heavily invest in the playing squad then there is nothing we can do about it. I can only guess what we have lost over the last 2 seasons as the accounts aren't out for them yet.

As to the owner skimming the cream off the top of the club with our decent players, surely it would be better to get into the Premiership so you can demand more for your players. The whole buy cheap and hope for a gem to sell to "skim the cream" seems counter-productive to me. What if you don't get that gem. Surely if he was a gambling man that much he might as well go to the roulette table and keep putting a million on black and hope for the best than be an owner of a club.

I'm not defending him, he should never have set the target for a top 6 finish if this is a 5 years plan. I think the buying back of ER was the highlight of this season. I know some don't look that way but it is less money coming out of the club coffers.

think the squad we have overall is as good as anything we have had for many a year. There is a coherence to it now in that we buy players who play in a similar way rather than players who are available. Under NW for example we had so many CMs we could have almost fielded a full outfield ten of CMers.

Within that squad there is a core of players who are good and around whom a decent championship team which can fight for promotion can be built; Janssen, Siaz, Hernandez, Dallas, Beradi, Forshaw, Alioski, Lassoga and Ayling most people would I think agree are good players. Add to that those with potential (my opinion not anyone else’s) Vierra, Cibicki, LDB, Roofe, FW, Ekuban, Denton and Coyle and then throw in a few from the youngsters (as we used to do) and that is a fairly decent squad. Some of the players mentioned in posts above were good players but didn’t necessarily suit each other’s style - Wood being a good example.

team building takes time and is about development, there will be ups and downs along the way. the club seems to have a plan and strategy but I fear sometimes they change horse too quickly. TC had a clear idea of how he wanted to play and needed time to develop it. At times we played great stuff, at others we were dreadful (but no worse than some of the dross from recent seasons) and that is the nature of football. I want us to build something that lasts and it takes time. tC should have had a least a season and really 18 months. Not sure PH is the messiah but he deserves at least the whole of next season as will no doubt want slightly different players to suit his style, whatever that may be.

sure with huge cash injections in the squad we might get there quicker but we might not - didn’t work for Forest.

i hope we invest heavily in the academy set up and need to address lack of quality games and frequency of fixtures for them. Need to sign up to reserve league again imho.

Also there are at least 12 teams in this league with similar hopes and expectations, its competitive and we have no god given right to success it needs to be fought for which is why it takes time.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    think the squad we have overall is as good as anything we have had for many a year. There is a coherence to it now in that we buy players who play in a similar way rather than players who are available. Under NW for example we had so many CMs we could have almost fielded a full outfield ten of CMers.

Within that squad there is a core of players who are good and around whom a decent championship team which can fight for promotion can be built; Janssen, Siaz, Hernandez, Dallas, Beradi, Forshaw, Alioski, Lassoga and Ayling most people would I think agree are good players. Add to that those with potential (my opinion not anyone else’s) Vierra, Cibicki, LDB, Roofe, FW, Ekuban, Denton and Coyle and then throw in a few from the youngsters (as we used to do) and that is a fairly decent squad. Some of the players mentioned in posts above were good players but didn’t necessarily suit each other’s style - Wood being a good example.

team building takes time and is about development, there will be ups and downs along the way. the club seems to have a plan and strategy but I fear sometimes they change horse too quickly. TC had a clear idea of how he wanted to play and needed time to develop it. At times we played great stuff, at others we were dreadful (but no worse than some of the dross from recent seasons) and that is the nature of football. I want us to build something that lasts and it takes time. tC should have had a least a season and really 18 months. Not sure PH is the messiah but he deserves at least the whole of next season as will no doubt want slightly different players to suit his style, whatever that may be.

sure with huge cash injections in the squad we might get there quicker but we might not - didn’t work for Forest.

i hope we invest heavily in the academy set up and need to address lack of quality games and frequency of fixtures for them. Need to sign up to reserve league again imho.

Also there are at least 12 teams in this league with similar hopes and expectations, its competitive and we have no god given right to success it needs to be fought for which is why it takes time.
    Last season at this stage, we stood in the playoffs and only missed staying there until seasons end by one position.

" the squad we have overall is as good as anything we have had for many a year. "????????

Delusional, simply delusional, and the club is £7m per annum worse off to boot!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)