+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Italian election

Quote Originally Posted by redsox1983 View Post
    So you think the election (potentially) of a coalition which includes a leader (Salvini) who said "The euro is a mistake and is destined to fail" and an election result which a Goldmans briefing note describes as having "negative medium-term implications for stability in the Euro" are positive developments?
    Lega, Forza Italia and a couple of far right parties in a coalition government is nothing new. They ran Italy together for most of the nineties and 00s.

When Salvini was getting low single digit numbers in the polls he was happy railing against the EU (as with Farage, not against the MEPs salary for doing nothing though) but since he's realised he might actually have to govern at some point he's been more cautious.

The last I heard he had gone back on a promise to have a referendum on changing back to the lira, and with good reason. His votes come from the wealthier northern regions, if he changed their savings into Monopoly money from one day to the next he'd be lynched.

Italy won't leave the EU, they are actually quite pro European. If and when the immigration situation is sorted out, Salvini will fade back into obscurity, and have to go back to targeting Romanians and southern Italians.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Straw?....the EU is collapsing before our very eyes, but TBH it does not bother me as long as we are fully out.

I notice Mad Merckel did a last minute deal with the opposition to stay in power.....mmmm.....even the prime supporter and power in the EU is having a sticky time of it.
    Didn't the EU do a rather large deal with Japan a couple of weeks or so ago. Seems the rest of the world wants in on the European commercial scene. Rather than finishing they are moving into a rather efficient second gear.

We'll be alright though ..... won't we ... everybody wants what we have particularly when the pound becomes the new lira ...

Now our great friend the Yanks have offered a second rate Open Skies agreement post Brexit. Things are just getting better and better.

Just out of interest how will the football industry look post Brexit in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by spag View Post
    Now our great friend the Yanks have offered a second rate Open Skies agreement post Brexit. Things are just getting better and better.

Just out of interest how will the football industry look post Brexit in the UK?
    Rumour as t the Italians didn't know what they were voting for

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Where's the like button?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    So what did they vote for?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    So what did they vote for?
    I heard they had a bus going round-

"L'Italia da 13,9 miliardi di euro all'UE.
    Usiamo questo denaro per rimettere al lavoro i nostri ventenni e per pagare la guardia costiera, per far girare l'invasione della barca."

Lega, Forza Italia and a couple of far right parties in a coalition government is nothing new. They ran Italy together for most of the nineties and 00s.

When Salvini was getting low single digit numbers in the polls he was happy railing against the EU (as with Farage, not against the MEPs salary for doing nothing though) but since he's realised he might actually have to govern at some point he's been more cautious.

The last I heard he had gone back on a promise to have a referendum on changing back to the lira, and with good reason. His votes come from the wealthier northern regions, if he changed their savings into Monopoly money from one day to the next he'd be lynched.

Italy won't leave the EU, they are actually quite pro European. If and when the immigration situation is sorted out, Salvini will fade back into obscurity, and have to go back to targeting Romanians and southern Italians.
    5 Star post. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I heard they had a bus going round-

"L'Italia da 13,9 miliardi di euro all'UE.
    Usiamo questo denaro per rimettere al lavoro i nostri ventenni e per pagare la guardia costiera, per far girare l'invasione della barca."
    You forgot an accent (it's dà not da) and the last part doesn't make sense. Glad to see you are illiterate in foreign languages as well as English.

You forgot an accent (it's dà not da) and the last part doesn't make sense. Glad to see you are illiterate in foreign languages as well as English.
    That's google translate for you. To have put an accent in it, would have upset the lefties and the stereotyping racist accusations, would be flying.

Wadda mistaka to maka

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast