+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Away to Southend 24th March

Away to Southend 24th March

Unreserved seating
    On sale from today (Mon) for season ticket holders

Don’t forget that the club receive a 5% of ticket sales if purchased from our club

Adult: £22
    Senior 60 and over: £15
    Young Adult 17-21: £14
    Student with valid ID: £14
    Under 17: £10
    Under 9: £4
    Disabled: £14

Roots Hall.
    The stand is a former terrace and like most former terraces that have had seats bolted onto them, the leg room and height distance between each row is less than desirable. One good thing for away fans in the North Stand, is that comparatively few numbers of fans can really make some noise from it, making for a good atmosphere. Refreshments within the away area are served from a 'Transport Cafe' type establishment, complete with tables and chairs. Bear in mind though, that getting your drinks in one piece back to your seat can be quite a challenge. The front of the stand is below pitch level, with stairs leading up to each pitch access point where the stewards stand. Going up and down these flights of stairs, with a cup of coffee in each hand, can present a problem.

Let’s hopr them table and chairs are bolted if it’s still like that

Parking at ground or boys school (if open) for £5 or street parking can be found
    Last edited by millertop; 05-03-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Good prices on that list topper.
    Don't take this as gospel because it must be near enough 5yrs since we were down there and pubs and eating establishments close every week these days.
    Used to be Shrimpers Bar at the ground home fans and they used to allow away fans depending who they were playing.
    Blue Boar pub going back towards town used to have a fish & chip shop opposite.
    There used to be a Wetherspoons in town about 20mins walk, The Last Post on Weston Road.
    The Bell a Toby Carvery on the A127 going in.
    If it's a nice day plenty of friendly pubs on the sea front. ( hope to see Pocket rocket or millertop with a kiss-me-quick hat on)
    Think Blackpool away..... ( away win lol )
    Roots Hall a proper football ground.
    Don't have time to check out the pubs mentioned above, check them out yourselves before you go.
    Spread Eagle near the ground (if it's still open ) used to be Home fans only.

Have a good day out at Southend lads & lasses.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 05-03-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Unreserved seating
    On sale from today (Mon) for season ticket holders

Don’t forget that the club receive a 5% of ticket sales if purchased from our club

Adult: £22
    Senior 60 and over: £15
    Young Adult 17-21: £14
    Student with valid ID: £14
    Under 17: £10
    Under 9: £4
    Disabled: £14

Unreserved seating
    Make a weekend of it, take the kids, they’ll enjoy the ice cream in the rain

I honestly thought Southend would have been up there but they have seemed to have lost their way a bit but are they on their way back ? 1-1 draw at Blackpool will have lifted them slightly and will want 3 points at home to us

Come on Millers a win of 2-0 will do Smith and Newell
    Last edited by millertop; 19-03-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Should have thawed out a bit by the weekend . Forecast still not very spring-like though - drizzle and breezy, high of 11 degrees C

Take 11 .. it will never be as cold as it was at Six-fields

No update about this game from us, appalling but not surprised.

We had about 800 tickets and probably haven’t sold them all due to lack of information

5% of ticket sales from the red and white shop goes to us

It won’t be freezing like last game but might be wet

I got mine yesterday morning as it had ticket number 241 on it but also a row number so we may have sold more
    Unreserved seating though as has been mentioned previously

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I got mine yesterday morning as it had ticket number 241 on it but also a row number so we may have sold more
    Unreserved seating though as has been mentioned previously
    How many do we think we will take?

Mine had a row number on but it’s unreserved

Hopefully we sell the 800 but I think we will take less than that, I know a few are on holiday that would normally be at the game

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast