+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin backs CL

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    fingers crossed it happens, an energy company im hearing...
    Someone has told me it's Utilita. Suppose we will hear soon enough.

this guy has been on the board for how long ? ST still majority shareholder and selling anytime soon??

Our fans are an absolute minter, w would take a kick up the balls, somebody shagging our wife and getting robbed and still think it’s a good deal

Oh deary me! Nothing has changed !!! For me when we do go under will probably be a relief as i can’t take the shame anymore

What exactly is a minter about any of this? At least MM is being as open and honest as he possibly can at this point. Telling fans that there are multiple options going forward in the case of future ownership; assuring our largest ever shirt sponsorship deal; promising to sell back Gussie when the club can afford it (rather than allowing t being taken by a bank); assuring no admin if we aren’t promoting. FFS give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    So what do u suggest he said when asked the question? Or are u guys implying u would like CL to be given more time?
    My gut feelings are that the same cards have just been reshuffled and dealt at the Tanny Boardroom. How I long this is not the case and that MM has the balls to take the Club by the balls. Time will tell. Some of my recent posts will no doubt have shown just how close I am to ditching my association with United, such has been the effect of the last 3 years on myself. For me, the silence from the top and all the things which have come out, has really drained my interest in United.
    I will need to see some very positive signs of progress before my interest can be rekindled in the Club. Dumping yet another manager at this time, or in the near future, will give me more despair than hope. I'm fed up buying the T-shirts.

I'm all for leaving things as they are at the moment, because I just can't be bothered with anything else. We will either sink or swim. I'll take whatever comes along. Give MM a chance to be a man of his words. Shabs inherited a very average pool of players, with some key roles unfilled. He can't be blamed for not making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. However, the players that he has 'signed,' or is being blamed for signing, are just as excrementaly bad. He seems to have hinted that most of these were not his choice.

Basically, leave things as they are meantime and see where MM takes us. It won't be long before we get some indications. The one thing that he should not get away with, however, is following ST's culture of silence. The guy has got to engage with the fans.

😂

Speak for yourself. You are an absolute minter!
    Embarrassment of a post!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    My gut feelings are that the same cards have just been reshuffled and dealt at the Tanny Boardroom. How I long this is not the case and that MM has the balls to take the Club by the balls. Time will tell. Some of my recent posts will no doubt have shown just how close I am to ditching my association with United, such has been the effect of the last 3 years on myself. For me, the silence from the top and all the things which have come out, has really drained my interest in United.
    I will need to see some very positive signs of progress before my interest can be rekindled in the Club. Dumping yet another manager at this time, or in the near future, will give me more despair than hope. I'm fed up buying the T-shirts.

I'm all for leaving things as they are at the moment, because I just can't be bothered with anything else. We will either sink or swim. I'll take whatever comes along. Give MM a chance to be a man of his words. Shabs inherited a very average pool of players, with some key roles unfilled. He can't be blamed for not making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. However, the players that he has 'signed,' or is being blamed for signing, are just as excrementaly bad. He seems to have hinted that most of these were not his choice.

Basically, leave things as they are meantime and see where MM takes us. It won't be long before we get some indications. The one thing that he should not get away with, however, is following ST's culture of silence. The guy has got to engage with the fans.
    Well he has engaged with the fans. He's set out - albeit in a press interview - some key points about the future plans, and he also said he's meeting the fans groups this week. Do you need a one to one? lol

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Someone has told me it's Utilita. Suppose we will hear soon enough.
    Thats the one aye

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Thats the one aye
    No the Utility then

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    What exactly is a minter about any of this? At least MM is being as open and honest as he possibly can at this point. Telling fans that there are multiple options going forward in the case of future ownership; assuring our largest ever shirt sponsorship deal; promising to sell back Gussie when the club can afford it (rather than allowing t being taken by a bank); assuring no admin if we aren’t promoting. FFS give him a chance.
    Good post Pat. There's several issues at play here. The first is that we've been shouting ST out for so long it's difficult to grasp that he is out. Well he is and he isn't, so it's difficult for fans to celebrate that we have seen the change that we wanted. If MM was to - just say - announce that he had secured investment, interest free, no doubt many fans would be saying aye well there you go, it's fishy and no doubt to do with the American project. So the guy is in a no win situation. And maybe so it should be, given the association he has with ST.

I'm hopeful that in stepping down, despite still having the largest share %, that ST is handing executive control of the decision making to MM, and from what MM says in his interview it looks like that is going to be the case.

So, if MM is a positive force around the club maybe some of the negativity of the ST years is going to get blown away.

The guy says he is a lifelong United fan. If that's true, and a lie would soon come out, it must be a good thing, so lets see what actions he starts to put in place short term before writing him off.

Because it's possible he's been sitting there thinking Stephen you're making a right balls of this but none of his suggestions were heeded. Who knows? We have to wait now and see what he does.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)