+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Martin backs CL

“If he was so confident in the ability of the club to function going forward and completely avoid administration then why take the GA as security against what he is effectively calling an interest free loan. Why not, if he is so confident in the long term viability of the business, simply inject the cash as an interest free loan without any collateral as many other wealthy fans have done?” Because he is no fool. He’s a banker and knows first hand that even the most risk free loans require some form of collateral.

And the million provided for Gussie park is almost certainly not all out of MM’s own pocket

A few days behind so only watched his interviews today.

Thought he spoke well and seemed to understand that clear mistakes have been made from everyone on and off the park and is actively looking to improve things. the fact he kept talking about recruitment was a big indicator on how he feels the club has been run in recent years. rather than looking for hungry players or promoting youth players weve seemed to keen to bring in different types of players which hasnt worked. (looking at our squads in recent years reminded me of what Brewster had when he first came in- big budget of under-performing players)

His clear answers to any merger or admin questions was good, no waffling- clear to the point. costs will need to be cut and cash injections will be required but we all knew that if we stayed down.

the backing of Csaba was odd as the gap is massive now and clearly the appointment doesnt seem to be working as well as it was when he first came in. it might be a good thing however as CL wont feel under as much pressure so might try to get us playing in the same way we were before xmas rather than the rubbish weve played since and if we go back to that football then we can easily go up imo.

overall i was impressed in what hes said. obviously the proof is in actions not words. if he can back these words up then it could be the start of turning our fortunes around.

He never said anything about csaba I wouldn't have expected him to say, I've a feeling he'll leave at the end of the season.

The backing of Shabba on the face of it with being out of the race for the auto promo spot, is very much a strange statement to make.

However, i have long suspected that the manager has not been the one who has been choosing the players. I can only base this on what ive read from the body language of Sackie, Ray and now Shabba. Mixu however is not worth a mention!

I have also aired my doubts that ST in the past has not backed the manager during the windows with the summer window farcical at times, aiming for an 18 man squad, then apparent poor choices during January.

At this point, i am willing to see if Shabba will be allowed to build his own squad or if its more of the same next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    The backing of Shabba on the face of it with being out of the race for the auto promo spot, is very much a strange statement to make.

However, i have long suspected that the manager has not been the one who has been choosing the players. I can only base this on what ive read from the body language of Sackie, Ray and now Shabba. Mixu however is not worth a mention!

I have also aired my doubts that ST in the past has not backed the manager during the windows with the summer window farcical at times, aiming for an 18 man squad, then apparent poor choices during January.

At this point, i am willing to see if Shabba will be allowed to build his own squad or if its more of the same next season.
    Do you mean the players coming into the club? If so, who do you think has been choosing them?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    This message is hidden because FTD1983 is on your ignore list.
    Remove user from ignore list

Suspected funster ignored
    seriously???

I read a statement somewhere that said we must have the most gullible arseholes per capita than any other club in the world. This thread absolutely confirms that.

Have people seriously learned nothing since 2015???

Incredible!

Being negative for the sake of being negative is a complete waste of time. People are getting what they want in the withdrawal of Stephen Thompson. It isn’t going to happen overnight but it’s a large step towards a positive future for Dundee United. Cheer up.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    seriously???
    Just leave him to it mate, not sure whats more tragic, getting so worked up you feel the need to block an anonymous stranger or the "look at me" posts showing everyone he's blocked me.

Don't worry - I guarantee he's logging out to read my posts then logging back in to tell everyone just how blocked I am

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)