+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO i961

FAO i961

Hey Granpa New Zealand!

How's it going in Auckland?

Did you catch Wilder v Ortiz?

He looked a bit shaky but eventually came through. If Joshua stops Parker, we may have a unification fight this year.

Although Wilder will need to improve his method of attack, he simply cannot go in blindly as he did with Ortiz and hope that Joshua won't pick the open spots.
    Fight as he did on Saturday, his only hope would be to land the K.O punch first, because Joshua will win on everything else, jab, punch and his own ko punch.

But maybe the experience was good for him. I still think he has it in him to the undefeated unified and undisputed champion. He's the only man I see capable of defeating Joshua, but who knows, maybe Parker might surprise all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Hey Granpa New Zealand!

How's it going in Auckland?

Did you catch Wilder v Ortiz?

He looked a bit shaky but eventually came through. If Joshua stops Parker, we may have a unification fight this year.

Although Wilder will need to improve his method of attack, he simply cannot go in blindly as he did with Ortiz and hope that Joshua won't pick the open spots.
    Fight as he did on Saturday, his only hope would be to land the K.O punch first, because Joshua will win on everything else, jab, punch and his own ko punch.

But maybe the experience was good for him. I still think he has it in him to the undefeated unified and undisputed champion. He's the only man I see capable of defeating Joshua, but who knows, maybe Parker might surprise all of us.
    Not in Auckland, I am just outside Rotorua. Didn't catch the Wilder fight unfortunately but I have been out of action this past 2 weeks.
    My daughters horse tried to jump a fence with me standing on the other side. He and the fence landed on me and I got kicked for good measure. After a ride in the ambulance I had stitches behind my knee and severe swelling/bruising to my right leg. Been on crutches but now managing with sticks. Still have a large haematoma above the ankle which is very sore but slowly getting there. Not coming home for 4 weeks yet so hopefully OK by then.
    As for the Parker fight AJ should win comfortably but it only takes one punch as Lennox discovered. Wilder obviously is the fight everyone wants to see and if AJ wins against Parker it is the only fight out there unless that idiot Fury makes a miraculous recovery.
    Politics though plays a big part in boxing and I wonder if Wilder and his team really want the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Not in Auckland, I am just outside Rotorua. Didn't catch the Wilder fight unfortunately but I have been out of action this past 2 weeks.
    My daughters horse tried to jump a fence with me standing on the other side. He and the fence landed on me and I got kicked for good measure. After a ride in the ambulance I had stitches behind my knee and severe swelling/bruising to my right leg. Been on crutches but now managing with sticks. Still have a large haematoma above the ankle which is very sore but slowly getting there. Not coming home for 4 weeks yet so hopefully OK by then.
    As for the Parker fight AJ should win comfortably but it only takes one punch as Lennox discovered. Wilder obviously is the fight everyone wants to see and if AJ wins against Parker it is the only fight out there unless that idiot Fury makes a miraculous recovery.
    Politics though plays a big part in boxing and I wonder if Wilder and his team really want the fight.
    I suspect fowl play.
    I wouldn't be surprised if EP has organised this with his horsey mates to silence you.
    Did you go by bus?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Hmm, I suspect you tried some 'horsing around!'
    Always felt you needed a good kick, but didn't expect one from a horse!!
    Trolol.

Anyway, in all seriousness, good that you're ok sans the leg injury. Horse accidents are usually nasty affairs.
    Well at least look on the bright side, this won't be the typical boring holiday you tend have. I bet you got excited by the ambulance ride!

I agree that Wilder should try and avoid Joshua for as long as possible, until he gets a huge purse, because as much as I want him to win, I can't see it. Unless Joshua suddenly 'loses it.' Like how Foreman suddenly lost it after losing to Ali.

Anyway, I'm sure you can pass your time, this Sunday you catch watch Forest v Derby. It should be available live on sports channels in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Hmm, I suspect you tried some 'horsing around!'
    Always felt you needed a good kick, but didn't expect one from a horse!!
    Trolol.

Anyway, in all seriousness, good that you're ok sans the leg injury. Horse accidents are usually nasty affairs.
    Well at least look on the bright side, this won't be the typical boring holiday you tend have. I bet you got excited by the ambulance ride!

I agree that Wilder should try and avoid Joshua for as long as possible, until he gets a huge purse, because as much as I want him to win, I can't see it. Unless Joshua suddenly 'loses it.' Like how Foreman suddenly lost it after losing to Ali.

Anyway, I'm sure you can pass your time, this Sunday you catch watch Forest v Derby. It should be available live on sports channels in NZ.
    Why do you want Wilder to win?
    I would watch Forest but I have to watch some paint drying