+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bpf

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Yeah but you could have the same concerns about having Wiedweld in against a free scoring Wolves also. �� So exactly what is the risk? We aren't going to make the playoffs, so what the hell!
    Fair question, this is the risk as I see it,

BPF is a very young keeper whom we hope will make that step up to becoming first choice. However, just like when Carson played against Croatia, its was a move of desperation to play him in goal, in a team that was all over the place and were well beaten. Carson's performance in that match did not meet the expected standard and he got savaged by the support, media and never played for England again and his own performances and league level dipped for a long time.

I wouldn't want BPF to be thrown in to the Lions mouth, against a quality Wolve's teams, especially when our side have been so inconsistent. If he makes 1 or 2 mistakes or is on the end of a hammering it could really haunt him, drain his confidence and set his progress back for quite a while, which would not be to anyone's benefit. He could pull off a MoM performance though I think its unlikely. If he is good enough and ready to play against Wolve's, then he would already have made more starts for us.

If we are looking to develop BPF long term, there are definitely much better games to give him his full debut in.

WW has a lot of big match experience behind him and whilst he is error prone, he has also proven he can produce good displays as well at this level.

That's just how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Fair question, this is the risk as I see it,

BPF is a very young keeper whom we hope will make that step up to becoming first choice. However, just like when Carson played against Croatia, its was a move of desperation to play him in goal, in a team that was all over the place and were well beaten. Carson's performance in that match did not meet the expected standard and he got savaged by the support, media and never played for England again and his own performances and league level dipped for a long time.

I wouldn't want BPF to be thrown in to the Lions mouth, against a quality Wolve's teams, especially when our side have been so inconsistent. If he makes 1 or 2 mistakes or is on the end of a hammering it could really haunt him, drain his confidence and set his progress back for quite a while, which would not be to anyone's benefit. He could pull off a MoM performance though I think its unlikely. If he is good enough and ready to play against Wolve's, then he would already have made more starts for us.

If we are looking to develop BPF long term, there are definitely much better games to give him his full debut in.

WW has a lot of big match experience behind him and whilst he is error prone, he has also proven he can produce good displays as well at this level.

That's just how I see it.
    Hear what you are saying, and merit for sure. But...the other side of the coin is that he has a top game against top quality, and the confidence he gets pushes him to a higher level permanently. Not to mention the confidence of those playing in front of him.
    I think I'm more concerned about Wiedweld starting again...so I'd take Lonergan and this debate disappears! ☺

Hear what you are saying, and merit for sure. But...the other side of the coin is that he has a top game against top quality, and the confidence he gets pushes him to a higher level permanently. Not to mention the confidence of those playing in front of him.
    I think I'm more concerned about Wiedweld starting again...so I'd take Lonergan and this debate disappears! ☺
    I also understand your point of view and yes the above outcome could also materialize. Would be fantastic if it did work out that way. Its not changed my mind though however it is good to discuss the option/alternatives.

Also agree we should not be debating the GK position at this point of the season.

Believe Lonergan is still injured - so that rules him out.

Not fair to play him when the back four is unsettled. For that reason suspect PH will stick with FW.

Just because he is our best young keeper doesn't mean he is any good. This is a kid who conceded 9 in 4 games for York and didn't have his loan extended.

Was yorks defence crap or were all the goals his fault?

Now now Clive don’t raise insightful questions or apply logic as they are clear signs of the onset of delusions

Don't think it's a good idea putting him in against Wolves, would possibly destroy the kids confidence. Leave him out for now and introduce him later.

If he has any ambition he should be chomping at the bit to get a chance. If he gets a chance, he should be playing out of his skin to take it.
    If he makes a mistake and if he's good enough then he will learn from it.
    Wieldwald could catch a cross from day 1, hasnt learned anything and still cant catch a cross after 6 months.

Ps Heckyhole is still erring on the side of caution, dunno why, so will probably pick Wieldwald who will palm the ball sheepishly to a Wolves player.
    Last edited by Billyni; 06-03-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)