+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Any positives

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Agreeing to disagree is the point of having a forum in the first place so people can debate these issues, so I'm not just gonna 'stick to that thought' whilst observing posters like you and pboro stating that Pardew is better than Rafa. You have lost it son. Think it over.
    At this moment in time I'd say Rafa has little credit for what he's producing.
    Pardew is struggling as well.
    I'd say that Rafa has the better squad by a long way between the two of them.
    However, my argument is in Pardew offensively as a manager, not overall.

I was asked and I gave my answer.
    The reality of the situation is in not having any of them but not because I hate Pardew or he's done anything terrible, it's because he's had his go and was basically hounded out, whether fans think it rightly or wrongly, not being the issue. The issue is simply, he's had his go and would struggle to ever come back and do any job under the situation with the fans.

Anyway I was asked and I gave my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    So we are all anxiously waiting to here from you about Pardew's success in management. He's even less successful over his entire career than Joking Ear was.
    Wait all you want. Why do I have to look at success?
    I didn't look at success with Hughton and I'd have him back over Rafa.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Wait all you want. Why do I have to look at success?
    I didn't look at success with Hughton and I'd have him back over Rafa.
    Hughton has been successful whereas Pardew has not. Where does you argument stand concerning what success Pardew has had.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Hughton has been successful whereas Pardew has not. Where does you argument stand concerning what success Pardew has had.
    How has Hughton been successful?
    Hughton's been a decent manager who I respected and who gave us some decent football, just as he treats Brighton fans to decent football, as he did with Norwich.

Anyone can look at anything and put a certain spin on it and to be honest, any of it can be close to the bone of truth or skirt it.
    It just depends on what mindset each person has in reading it and how they see things, good bad or indifferent at the time or even recent history.

I don't agree that we have a stronger squad than Pardew has at WBA.I bet Rafa could get them into top half of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    I don't agree that we have a stronger squad than Pardew has at WBA.I bet Rafa could get them into top half of the table.
    Get who in the top half? W.B.A?
    Top half from what date?
    He's doing a sterling job with our team and he's had 2 years to fine tune.

By all means sing his praises.
    I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Get who in the top half? W.B.A?
    Top half from what date?
    He's doing a sterling job with our team and he's had 2 years to fine tune.

By all means sing his praises.
    I won't.
    You wouldn't give him any credit full stop though.

He could win the league and you'd blame him for not score enough goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

Or for not having a go. Or sitting back.

I don’t know why you bother getting into conversationwith Wilf who is just a WUM

He has never been to a Toon game he sucked up to Ashley,Pardew and The Mackems in the past, just ignore the silly phucka

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

Not true Jammy.
    I've given Rafa credit but there's precious little he deserves.

I don't see enough in him for all the reasons I gave to give him any more credit than what's been given.
    It's mostly boring and negative from me and trust me I don't enjoy it.
    I'd rather be singing his praises and the players and the entire club because I've generally been a glass half full person for long enough.
    I just can't abide this mans ways, just like I couldn't abide McClaren as time went on.

It's a similar thing. I stuck with Rafa for long enough. I even made excuses for his garbage football at first.
    It's got to this stage where I can't abide the man...at all. I just want rid as soon as possible.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)