+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bailiffs in at Blackpool

Bailiffs in at Blackpool

A high court judge granted former Blackpool president Valeri Belokon the right to send in bailiffs, to Blackpool's Bloomfield Road today.
    Belokon won damages of £31.27 million in a lawsuit against club owner Owen Oyston, to which were to be paid in instalment's, but Oyston missed the second instalment of £10 million.
    The bailiffs arrived at Blackpool's ground today with 2 vans, leaving with assets etc belonging to Oyston, before heading to the Oyston estate.
    Belokon says he wants to take the club over, insisting he wants to seal assets owned by Oyston, not the football club.

Belokon former president of Blackpool FC, won damages in a civic suit against Oyston late last year, for "unfair prejudice " following the " illegitimate stripping " of the club after relegation from the premier league.

Blackpool a club in distress, to think not many weeks ago fans turned up to honour club legend Jimmy Armfield, who sadly passed away.

Hope he gets every penny from them without harming the club overall. A nasty Father and Son set up that damaged the club no end.

Maybe so Brin, but it smacks of “out of the frying pan into the fire”

More like a Towering inferno

I see this differently i think the guy is genuine with Blackpool hes being wanting to takeover for ages .If he gets the full 31 million i expect he will shove a fair wad back into the club. He stated he doesn't want to harm the club in effect he isn't .I can see Blackpool benefiting well from this. It may take a couple of years but still. Keep there lg 1 status when Oysten is gone the crowds will return on mass, the supports there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    More like a Towering inferno
    Boom boom .....