+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Death awaits us all

Death awaits us all

and that will be the end of it.
    Nothing is really important is it?

I think about death every day.....I always have even since I was young.

I’ve lived for around 20,600 days and I hope I might see another 10,000 mornings if I’m lucky,many of them may be unpleasant.

That said I could go tonight.

I’m not scared of death but merely the mode by which I get there.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    and that will be the end of it.
    Nothing is really important is it?

Crikey, the happiness on here is positively stifling tonight .

Calm yourselves.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEX1dYyvmig

This thread is a bit inconsiderate as there are a few posters with failing health....

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    This thread is a bit inconsiderate as there are a few posters with failing health....
    Good post Murph my thoughts exactly ,

Some very good points made especially on recruitment. We don’t find the Zolta’s, mulumbo’s odemwingie’s or ollson’s anymore do we. It’s a measure of our failure that the club was hoping that Brunt and Morrison will save us again, players that have both been highly criticised in the past.
    We have not moved on, in fact teams such as Watford, Bournemouth, and Burnley have overtaken us in just a few seasons in terms of pulling power and have players who have higher prices tags on them then our lot. Those clubs have developed and sold players for big money and now have a new batch of young talented players to trade.
    JP said some time ago that his recruitment plan was not to buy young promising hopefuls but rather look for experienced players and pay top wages to attract them. To be honest we did go through a phase when Mowbray in particular was bringing in lots of young dutch players who did not make the grade.
    But as with all things it’s a matter of balance , and we went too far. As a result we were caught out by the fair play rules and had no movement in January to spend our way out. (That’s why the board was sacked, having no contingency to spend even if we wanted to.) We did get around it by putting all our egge(s) in one basket with Sturridge, and crossed our fingers. But when your luck is down you should not take gamble, as the saying goes when the funs stops stop.
    So now we have an aging squad who have no resale value. Many of our academy graduates will play against us next season, a fitting end to the mismanagement of the clubs resources. Meanwhile the likes of Ricky Lambert, Anichbe, Samaros, etc will be enjoying the extra millions they earnt in their retirement virtue of our generosity

To quote Woody Allen ''I'm not afraid of death, I'd just rather not be there when it happens.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)