+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Fulham v The Mighty Blades

MATCH DAY POST: Fulham v The Mighty Blades

So after the weather enforced extended break, it's back to action with the trip to Fulham. Extraordinarily difficult game, with Fulham's results of late excellent, and on a 13 league game unbeaten run. They really seem to be playing like a team heading for promotion.... I am not confident for tonight....

Anyway...

Any team news?

It seems Brooks, Holmes and Wilson are all in CW's plans tonight...?

But likely to start unchanged from last time out?

The rest we've had might be the only positive in terms of helping a chance of a positive result?

Really can't see us ending Fulham's current run, so I'm going to plump for a hopeful 1-1 draw. They are pretty free scoring, and we don't do a lot of clean sheets. But IF we can keep them to a solitary goal, there's always a chance. Tonight is set for one of those big Blade performances....we hope.

Safe journey all. Hope we get something for you guys...

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So after the weather enforced extended break, it's back to action with the trip to Fulham. Extraordinarily difficult game, with Fulham's results of late excellent, and on a 13 league game unbeaten run. They really seem to be playing like a team heading for promotion.... I am not confident for tonight....

Anyway...

Any team news?

It seems Brooks, Holmes and Wilson are all in CW's plans tonight...?

But likely to start unchanged from last time out?

The rest we've had might be the only positive in terms of helping a chance of a positive result?

Really can't see us ending Fulham's current run, so I'm going to plump for a hopeful 1-1 draw. They are pretty free scoring, and we don't do a lot of clean sheets. But IF we can keep them to a solitary goal, there's always a chance. Tonight is set for one of those big Blade performances....we hope.

Safe journey all. Hope we get something for you guys...

UTB
    It's gunna be a tough game,let's hope we mek it a tough game for them as well.I would defo tek a point if offered nar,but i'm goin for a 2-1 win for our boys(and no i aint been on't ale this mornin) UTCB

I think we should kick the ball as high up in the air as possible at every opportunity,even try and kick it into the Thames.

Is there a law that says a goalkeeper must kick the ball into the playing area,if not then Blackman/Moore should hoof it over the stand,eventually they will run out of balls and the ref (that dwarf Stroud) will be left scratchin is head.

Football its a funny old game.

With the run they're on, I think a point would be a good result. But you never know....

Get Brooksy back on the pitch and you definitely never know

yeah agree monte think the boy wonder is gonna be a crucial factor in the run in if were gonna get in top 6 safe journey to those loyal blades

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah agree monte think the boy wonder is gonna be a crucial factor in the run in if were gonna get in top 6 safe journey to those loyal blades
    He could make all the difference to the end of our season SOB - or are we hoping/expecting too much of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    He could make all the difference to the end of our season SOB - or are we hoping/expecting too much of him?
    Whatever he does he will be seen as a success so far ( Leeds goal, Jack Hunt's corkscrew)and a bit of magic, a lack of fear might just be what we need.

I hope you enjoy tonight's result more than tomorrow's game - and that promises to be a belter.

We are probably the most tailor made team for them, and I can't see us getting anything from this game.

If we play our normal attacking game they will absolutely crucify us
    If we sit back like we did against Hull they will eventually get the break, if for no other reason than the fact that we never get a break.

We have a problem getting something we do deserve, let alone something we don't

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    We are probably the most tailor made team for them, and I can't see us getting anything from this game.

If we play our normal attacking game they will absolutely crucify us
    If we sit back like we did against Hull they will eventually get the break, if for no other reason than the fact that we never get a break.

We have a problem getting something we do deserve, let alone something we don't
    3-4-2-1

Go on Chris, you know it makes sense!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast