+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can we get back to football?/ return of the injured

Can we get back to football?/ return of the injured

With the return of so many long-term injured we will be in a position where it will be difficult to choose who to pick and who to drop.
    Assuming everybody (except maybe Porter) is fit for the Coventry home game, what do you suggest is the best line-up
    for the game? Not just the players but formation?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    With the return of so many long-term injured we will be in a position where it will be difficult to choose who to pick and who to drop.
    Assuming everybody (except maybe Porter) is fit for the Coventry home game, what do you suggest is the best line-up
    for the game? Not just the players but formation?
    I would be inclined to stick with the line up that beat Lincoln. Returning players should be on the bench. Jones is unlikely to feature for a couple of weeks or so having been out for so long. Dagnall should not come in to the side as Miller has done pretty well since signing

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Assuming everybody (except maybe Porter) is fit for the Coventry home game, what do you suggest is the best line-up for the game?

What happened to "let's take each game as it comes"?
    Stevenage next.
    Hoping for an unchanged line-up irrespective of who is now available!

Okay, you are right! Why change the team that won convincingly at Lincoln. However, I was trying to generate discussion about a topic that (might be) is pleasurable to talk about. Other issues have dominated and I wanted to start thinking about possible better times with greater selection possibilities available.
    So with the return of all these injured players, will our season pick up or are there systemic problems?
    Let's talk football!

Well said, Gazan.

And let's bring back the harmless fun of Predict the Score and Guess the Gate.

Saturday afternoons do not usually help my stress level, and this season has definitely been one of disappointment and under achievement. That said, I was more amazed than pleased about the Lincoln result. I just hope we can build on the positives from that game. Miller should definitely stay in the side. His contribution and, particularly that of Green, have certainly added to the team's strength. Hopefully, we can quickly pick up enough points and not have to worry about how the teams below us do.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009 View Post
    And let's bring back the harmless fun of Predict the Score and Guess the Gate.

Well, I'll say it if nobody else will ............

Welcome back!
    Where the bloody hell have you been?
    This site's on the up!

At last!
    Score tomorrow?
    1-1 our first away draw!

of course, I meant 2-2!