+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Orta - Architect of Tomorrow or Cowboy Builder of Today

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    orta mrs o , is a complete waste of wage , like many who are kicking a ball about for us every week .masquerading as professional footballers . lol

he should be nowhere near the club , and the reason we will never attract a top class manager at this club, in a month of sundays .

has for his scouting prowess , where do we even begin lol .

at the last count he as brought fif**** players here , and the only ones that are any good in my opinion are, saiz and maybe alioski at a push , , the rest could leave tomorrow for me. , some have been absolute disasters , sacko , wiedwald , anita to name but three.

the main reason for our abject performances in many games this season , and has much blame, should be apportioned to him as well as christianson , who ultimately is the one who got the bullet . christiansons days were numbered from day one , and exactly the same thing will apply to heckingbottom . there are the fall guys who are already set up when it goes horribly wrong , which it will continue to do so while ever he remains at this club .
    as.

AS.

AS

For the love of God.

AAAAAASSSSSSSS.....

Oh and 'has' where necessary.

Impatience is the right of every fan but any good business man will tell you it needs time. Leeds Utd has had some bad times in the last few decades. Rad has only been here less than 1 short season.

I'm more of a realist these days than an optimist I guess and the aim I'm sure will have been top 6. The way we set off I thought it was in the bag. But, we are up against so many "big clubs" who have splashed the cash and would anyone really want our squad to get promoted this season? I don't. This squad of players, quickly assembled and then blighted with injuries and red cards could not realistically mount a serious challenge for the top 6.

Saiz getting a 6 match ban was a turning point and his return at the moment feels like we are watching a fish out of water. TC got fired and we now have Hecky. I have confidence in that decision. When the OP is spelt out like it is then Orta too needs more time and given the short period he and the club had before the season started, perhaps they have not done too badly. We have a platform for next season, one that can be built on with young players that should get better. Yes, some others will need to go and we certainly have to get the GK position covered with a quality replacement. Another few quality signings on top will be the catalyst for a promotion push. We are lucky in that the size and name of the club enables us to attract players that the likes of smaller clubs with no name or history will ever be able to attract. We have a fan base that is already the envy of the Championship. We have ER back. Rad and Orta surely deserve more time.

When things rushed or when there is a load of chopping and changing it rarely bodes well for getting a good end result.

New boys on the block have made good and not so good decisions but for me, it's a case of keeping the current upstairs status quo and letting them carry out a 5 year plan. Yes, I was hoping for the Play Offs like others but I would be very concerned if we went up in a fluky sort of way to the Premiership this season. The squad has underperformed for a variety of reasons but it's no where near capable of holding its own in the Prem.

So I prefer to take a longer term view and hope that Orta will make amends for some of those player choices. He and others will not have to scramble to get a squad or manager together this time around. He has a decent nucleus and a close season to strengthen. Top this up with final additions next January and we may hopefully find a squad fit for purpose and one that doesn't simply get promoted and relegated. Carry on strengthening the youth system as that is by far and away the best route for a sustainable future in the Premiership.

I am looking forward already to next season, renewed me and my wide's season ticket last week. Love going to matches and love the atmosphere our fans generate. We will be rewarded. OK not this season and maybe not next but within just a few more years, I truly believe we will be in the Premiership.

Let the people in charge do what they can do, to the best of their ability and give them enough time to do it. As fans, we should carry on doing what we have always done and stay behind the team. The good days for me are nearly here.

MOT

So after a year of inflating the wage bill by £7m, "developing" a bloated squad that even our owner has publicly stated is too big, we are supposed to "Let the people in charge do what they can do, to the best of their ability and give them enough time to do it."

A YEAR, to do something that shows some signs of having improved (not promotion, not even playoffs, simply improved what was there before, given there is actually MORE money seemingly available than was the case under Cellino). I suspect if most of us were given a year, and produced the results our DoF has almost single-handedly generated in terms of abysmal player quality and equally abysmal playing results, we would be shown the door.

Football is a business, everyone keeps saying as much, and a year in business is more than adequate to prove your worth. Orta has shown how much he is worth to Leeds United.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Impatience is the right of every fan but any good business man will tell you it needs time. Leeds Utd has had some bad times in the last few decades. Rad has only been here less than 1 short season.

I'm more of a realist these days than an optimist I guess and the aim I'm sure will have been top 6. The way we set off I thought it was in the bag. But, we are up against so many "big clubs" who have splashed the cash and would anyone really want our squad to get promoted this season? I don't. This squad of players, quickly assembled and then blighted with injuries and red cards could not realistically mount a serious challenge for the top 6.

Saiz getting a 6 match ban was a turning point and his return at the moment feels like we are watching a fish out of water. TC got fired and we now have Hecky. I have confidence in that decision. When the OP is spelt out like it is then Orta too needs more time and given the short period he and the club had before the season started, perhaps they have not done too badly. We have a platform for next season, one that can be built on with young players that should get better. Yes, some others will need to go and we certainly have to get the GK position covered with a quality replacement. Another few quality signings on top will be the catalyst for a promotion push. We are lucky in that the size and name of the club enables us to attract players that the likes of smaller clubs with no name or history will ever be able to attract. We have a fan base that is already the envy of the Championship. We have ER back. Rad and Orta surely deserve more time.

When things rushed or when there is a load of chopping and changing it rarely bodes well for getting a good end result.

New boys on the block have made good and not so good decisions but for me, it's a case of keeping the current upstairs status quo and letting them carry out a 5 year plan. Yes, I was hoping for the Play Offs like others but I would be very concerned if we went up in a fluky sort of way to the Premiership this season. The squad has underperformed for a variety of reasons but it's no where near capable of holding its own in the Prem.

So I prefer to take a longer term view and hope that Orta will make amends for some of those player choices. He and others will not have to scramble to get a squad or manager together this time around. He has a decent nucleus and a close season to strengthen. Top this up with final additions next January and we may hopefully find a squad fit for purpose and one that doesn't simply get promoted and relegated. Carry on strengthening the youth system as that is by far and away the best route for a sustainable future in the Premiership.

I am looking forward already to next season, renewed me and my wide's season ticket last week. Love going to matches and love the atmosphere our fans generate. We will be rewarded. OK not this season and maybe not next but within just a few more years, I truly believe we will be in the Premiership.

Let the people in charge do what they can do, to the best of their ability and give them enough time to do it. As fans, we should carry on doing what we have always done and stay behind the team. The good days for me are nearly here.

MOT
    you should fit right in on here fella . another wet behind the ears type of fan . lol

the fundamental turning point of this season was not saiz six match ban , it was not replacing green , bartley and wood with players of equal ability, plus the appointment of christianson from a far lower level of ability and competitveness than championship football in this country.

funny everyone said Woods was cr@p, probably you too sideshow....

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    I didn't..... lol (happy clapper TM)

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    Wood was crap to begin with (seen him "score" more goals off his knee, shoulder, corner of head than anything remotely akin to a proper shot, header etc.), but he improved. Shame that our current crop of "attackers" seem slightly less capable to doing the same (and please don't lecture me about Lassogga, we can't depend upon a guy who puts two or three away in games 6 months apart).

Mrs O, reading your Synopsis of the opening couple of months of the new beginning's of Leeds under Radz, its does convey an impression of everything being rushed to an extent were decisions that were made almost appear to have a sense of panic about them. I am actually surprised and disappointed if this is the case.

I actually think some of the recruitment for the first team was decent. Felix I think would have been a good understudy this season. Klich I feel he was never really given an opportunity to shine. Aloiski has had mixed results so far. Saiz has been a stand out performer ( personally I dont apportion blame to him for the team sliding out of top 6 contention, that why we have a squad of player's) Ekuban again a promising signing, that just needs a goal from open play to get going.

Where Orta's has failed imo is that he never signed up another CB, when it was very clear Bartley would not be coming back to us. He never adequately filled the LB spot, we knew Taylor was leaving and there were lots of question marks over CBJ, a mistake of a loan.

I don't blame him for Green leaving, though I am sure the club could have had more dialogue with Green and stated that he could fight for No1 and that it was not set in stone. However I feel the club may have been happy to get him off the wage bill. Woods leaving was a really blow to our chances this season. I will never understand why we let a 30 goal a season striker leave without having a real replacement lined up. A 30 goal a season striker is invaluable in this league, in any league to be fair!

Maybe it was right to get rid of Bridcutt, however with that sale we missed an experienced midfield enforcer, maybe the thinking was Viera or Philips would step up into this role, but they have both struggled at times this season.

These positions were ones that nearly every fan/supporter identified as needing to be filled so why didn't Orta and the management team not see this until the January transfer window?

As for the youth players that have been signed, I really dont know, as with all the foreign signings they take time to settle and adapt to the league. I think next season will be a better barometer of how good they are.

The opening post asked if Orta is doing a good job - if his brief was to improve the first team this season then my answer is no, he has missed the mark this year.

If it was to build the foundations as part of a 5 year plan, within a set wage/transfer budget then I think he is doing slightly better in that regard, though I think we will all be keen to see who is recruited this summer and how that translates into performances next season.

In summary, the jury is out Ort'a has done some good things just as many questionable things and I dont think 1 season is enough to judge him effectively due to the nature of football. Next season certainly the first 10-20 games, there wont be an excuses for him to be shielded by.
    Last edited by LeedsFTW; 07-03-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Mrs O, reading your Synopsis of the opening couple of months of the new beginning's of Leeds under Radz, its does convey an impression of everything being rushed to an extent were decisions that were made almost appear to have a sense of panic about them. I am actually surprised and disappointed if this is the case.

I actually think some of the recruitment for the first team was decent. Felix I think would have been a good understudy this season. Klich I feel he was never really given an opportunity to shine. Aloiski has had mixed results so far. Saiz has been a stand out performer ( personally I dont apportion blame to him for the team sliding out of top 6 contention, that why we have a squad of player's) Ekuban again a promising signing, that just needs a goal from open play to get going.

Where Orta's has failed imo is that he never signed up another CB, when it was very clear Bartley would not be coming back to us. He never adequately filled the LB spot, we knew Taylor was leaving and there were lots of question marks over CBJ, a mistake of a loan.

I don't blame him for Green leaving, though I am sure the club could have had more dialogue with Green and stated that he could fight for No1 and that it was not set in stone. However I feel the club may have been happy to get him off the wage bill. Woods leaving was a really blow to our chances this season. I will never understand why we let a 30 goal a season striker leave without having a real replacement lined up. A 30 goal a season striker is invaluable in this league, in any league to be fair!

Maybe it was right to get rid of Bridcutt, however with that sale we missed an experienced midfield enforcer, maybe the thinking was Viera or Philips would step up into this role, but they have both struggled at times this season.

These positions were ones that nearly every fan/supporter identified as needing to be filled so why didn't Orta and the management team not see this until the January transfer window?

As for the youth players that have been signed, I really dont know, as with all the foreign signings they take time to settle and adapt to the league. I think next season will be a better barometer of how good they are.

The opening post asked if Orta is doing a good job - if his brief was to improve the first team this season then my answer is no, he has missed the mark this year.

If it was to build the foundations as part of a 5 year plan, within a set wage/transfer budget then I think he is doing slightly better in that regard, though I think we will all be keen to see who is recruited this summer and how that translates into performances next season.

In summary, the jury is out Ort'a has done some good things just as many questionable things and I dont think 1 season is enough to judge him effectively due to the nature of football. Next season certainly the first 10-20 games, there wont be an excuses for him to be shielded by.
    I just do not know where you and others who have expressed the same willingness to allow Orta to continue come from, there being little or no indication that either his or the owners strategy regarding recruitment is going to change.

"Next season, the first 10 - 20 games, there won't be any excuses".............so we will wait until the next thrid of a season has come and gone before he is subject to the same rigour and strictures that those of us who are employees of commercial organisations are subject to?

You said yourself that he has failed to improve the 1st team. Without improvement, (and not in 2 -3 years time), we will be where we are now (or worse) by the time any of the promised "youf" comes through (if that ever happens, his selection of "senior" players is hardly something that generates confidence that any ever will).. so are you (and all the others happy to shell out their hard earned cash to subsidise the waste of space currently occupied by our current DoF) ok waiting until 2021-22 for something remotely similar to what we have in 2016-17? Many (not just me, or Marley), aren't.

Maybe Orta was given a budget to work to. Maybe he'll have a bigger budget next time now that ER has been bought. Just trying to understand why he bought poorly.
    I dunno, who does? Not anyone who posts on here thats for sure. Including Mrs O, despite her inside knowledge.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)