+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Orta - Architect of Tomorrow or Cowboy Builder of Today

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I just do not know where you and others who have expressed the same willingness to allow Orta to continue come from, there being little or no indication that either his or the owners strategy regarding recruitment is going to change.

"Next season, the first 10 - 20 games, there won't be any excuses".............so we will wait until the next thrid of a season has come and gone before he is subject to the same rigour and strictures that those of us who are employees of commercial organisations are subject to?

You said yourself that he has failed to improve the 1st team. Without improvement, (and not in 2 -3 years time), we will be where we are now (or worse) by the time any of the promised "youf" comes through (if that ever happens, his selection of "senior" players is hardly something that generates confidence that any ever will).. so are you (and all the others happy to shell out their hard earned cash to subsidise the waste of space currently occupied by our current DoF) ok waiting until 2021-22 for something remotely similar to what we have in 2016-17? Many (not just me, or Marley), aren't.
    I understand your view WTF and I share those concerns. Yet what I have seen with most recruitment in most football teams, if that a lot of players whom are brought into a first team from overseas, rarely have a wonderful debut season. Those that do are few and far between especially on the budget we have.

This is the reason why I am reserving judgement at this point, especially if we go on a recruitment drive this summer that address the issues and brings in players of the right quality with experience of football in the UK. Forshaw is a step in the right direction.

I am happy to give Orta a chance to prove his credentials, I don't think 1 season in football is enough to really prove anything unless its an unmitigated disaster. However the same as everyone else, we all have our limits and that why I put my own timeframe on when I expect to see real signs of improvement in the first team. I definitely expect to see it next season.
    Last edited by LeedsFTW; 07-03-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Go figure....

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/we...latest-update/

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....head-1-9051451

Not that any of this would be news to fans, I just wonder if any such thoughts have penetrated the upper echelons at ER?

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    orta mrs o , is a complete waste of wage , like many who are kicking a ball about for us every week .masquerading as professional footballers . lol

he should be nowhere near the club , and the reason we will never attract a top class manager at this club, in a month of sundays .

has for his scouting prowess , where do we even begin lol .

at the last count he as brought fif**** players here , and the only ones that are any good in my opinion are, saiz and maybe alioski at a push , , the rest could leave tomorrow for me. , some have been absolute disasters , sacko , wiedwald , anita to name but three.

the main reason for our abject performances in many games this season , and has much blame, should be apportioned to him as well as christianson , who ultimately is the one who got the bullet . christiansons days were numbered from day one , and exactly the same thing will apply to heckingbottom . there are the fall guys who are already set up when it goes horribly wrong , which it will continue to do so while ever he remains at this club .
    Don Revie's "days where numbered" from day one too....

So after a year of inflating the wage bill by £7m, "developing" a bloated squad that even our owner has publicly stated is too big, we are supposed to "Let the people in charge do what they can do, to the best of their ability and give them enough time to do it."

A YEAR, to do something that shows some signs of having improved (not promotion, not even playoffs, simply improved what was there before, given there is actually MORE money seemingly available than was the case under Cellino). I suspect if most of us were given a year, and produced the results our DoF has almost single-handedly generated in terms of abysmal player quality and equally abysmal playing results, we would be shown the door.

Football is a business, everyone keeps saying as much, and a year in business is more than adequate to prove your worth. Orta has shown how much he is worth to Leeds United.
    Banging on and on isn't going to change anything WTF - "We are supposed to do" what does that even mean? what can you do? you've been moaning on this site for years and apart from getting you a lot of abuse, what good has it done you?

I'm more inclined to Pacmans view - enjoy the good bits of which there are quite a few - if your expectations are not excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Banging on and on isn't going to change anything WTF - "We are supposed to do" what does that even mean? what can you do? you've been moaning on this site for years and apart from getting you a lot of abuse, what good has it done you?

I'm more inclined to Pacmans view - enjoy the good bits of which there are quite a few - if your expectations are not excessive.
    So unless we want to post positive stuff (and there is f00k all of that at the moment) we simply shut up, swallow the cr4p that is foisted on us (I suppose we'd be doing so in sympathy with our head coach at least) and wait for the good times to roll?

There are no "good bits"

But yes, I'll take your advice, clearly anticipating that a team/squad should be something better than last season having spent millions to get what we have, and paying £7m a year more than we were, is obviously too high an expectation.

given the rapidly rising inflated wages in football, i wonder if 7M does actually buy you a better team than last year, or does it merely reflect inflation? (serious Q)

So unless we want to post positive stuff (and there is f00k all of that at the moment) we simply shut up, swallow the cr4p that is foisted on us (I suppose we'd be doing so in sympathy with our head coach at least) and wait for the good times to roll?

There are no "good bits"

But yes, I'll take your advice, clearly anticipating that a team/squad should be something better than last season having spent millions to get what we have, and paying £7m a year more than we were, is obviously too high an expectation.

I don't think Tichi was going that direction with his points mate. Yes it's bloody frustrating season after season these let downs.....why do we do it to ourselves?! Not a lot each and everyone of us can really do on the business side of thing, other then to air our views, which some are very good and valid I admit......but they are just our views and opinions and long may they carry on. I learn a lot from information on my club from this place and for that I'm grateful. I wish I had a answer for our (LUFC) plight, money of course, then I wish I had a answer to money......not quite so straightforward and well above my business sense!

Message to Radrizzani,

Wake up and smell the coffee.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/927754403?-11130:816:3

And another;

big-changes-on-the-cards-at-leeds-as-first-reported-details-of-summer-overhaul-emerge/

Could it be true?? If only.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)