+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Orta - Architect of Tomorrow or Cowboy Builder of Today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I just do not know where you and others who have expressed the same willingness to allow Orta to continue come from, there being little or no indication that either his or the owners strategy regarding recruitment is going to change.

"Next season, the first 10 - 20 games, there won't be any excuses".............so we will wait until the next thrid of a season has come and gone before he is subject to the same rigour and strictures that those of us who are employees of commercial organisations are subject to?

You said yourself that he has failed to improve the 1st team. Without improvement, (and not in 2 -3 years time), we will be where we are now (or worse) by the time any of the promised "youf" comes through (if that ever happens, his selection of "senior" players is hardly something that generates confidence that any ever will).. so are you (and all the others happy to shell out their hard earned cash to subsidise the waste of space currently occupied by our current DoF) ok waiting until 2021-22 for something remotely similar to what we have in 2016-17? Many (not just me, or Marley), aren't.
    I understand your view WTF and I share those concerns. Yet what I have seen with most recruitment in most football teams, if that a lot of players whom are brought into a first team from overseas, rarely have a wonderful debut season. Those that do are few and far between especially on the budget we have.

This is the reason why I am reserving judgement at this point, especially if we go on a recruitment drive this summer that address the issues and brings in players of the right quality with experience of football in the UK. Forshaw is a step in the right direction.

I am happy to give Orta a chance to prove his credentials, I don't think 1 season in football is enough to really prove anything unless its an unmitigated disaster. However the same as everyone else, we all have our limits and that why I put my own timeframe on when I expect to see real signs of improvement in the first team. I definitely expect to see it next season.
    Last edited by LeedsFTW; 07-03-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)