+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rochdale will be no pushover on Saturday

Rochdale will be no pushover on Saturday

Anyone who thinks we will put a shed load past Rochdale should think again. Their negative goal difference is only -9. one of the best in the bottom half of the table. They have games in hand, have an outside chance of staying up and will be fighting for their lives. It threatens to be a tough afternoon.

They've had a little cup run that has lifted their spirits but they just beat Walsall who we smashed 5-1 and beat at theirs 2-1.

Don't let tonight's win for them make it all sound doom and gloom.

Yes they are fighting for their retention in League 1 and likewise we have a great self belief that even against the bottom clubs, hasn't let us think we can walk any game.

Of late we like an open game where teams attack us and hopefully they go for it and we match them for pace and guile. Our main plus factor is the immense
    reserve energy in the last 20 that always seems to over power other teams. Warne as this team to their peak in physical fitness.

I for one do not think it will be a walk in the park so yes we have to be on our guard but this game is winnable. Even a scruffy 1-0 will suffice but I feel Warne wants the run in secured for the play offs asap. He and all the team have got the taste and it's great to see.
    Last edited by Brin; 06-03-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Where was the doom and gloom? Saying we should not take Rochdale for granted is just being sensible and realistic and is exactly what Warne will be drilling into the team for the rest of this week.

Not forgetting that we are Keith Hill's second favourite team (not !)

Hopefully we've enough to turn them over (1-0) would do me but type of team/game to be aware of

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Where was the doom and gloom? Saying we should not take Rochdale for granted is just being sensible and realistic and is exactly what Warne will be drilling into the team for the rest of this week.
    Ok maybe not doom and gloom but you make them sound almost invincible with their defensive record, when in fact they’re in the bottom three for a reason.

BUT where do we often fall down? Yes, against a bottom club. I don’t think Warne though will allow the team to think it’s a breeze and switch off thinking it’s a cruise past this lot.

Everyone should be up for this one having missed out playing last Saturday.

A tough one for obvious reasons and hopefully the winning momentum remains ongoing.

Brin, what were you drinking last night? First you interpret a perfectly sensible note of caution as "doom and gloom" and then you say that I make Rochdale "sound almost invincible". Come on pal, lighten up and don't look for hidden meaning where there is none.

Yep if we treat them with respect we should have the armoury to do it. There are no games where you can afford to switch off.

I remember the away game the left back caused us problems looks a good player.

They are fighting to stay up, I never take the bottom for granted, if they have done their homework like Donny did then there’s a chance they’ll score, we just have to adjust on the day to confuse them, don’t (if we KO) KO use the same tactic would be a start
    But I’m sure Warney will be clever when making a sub if need to

Also I think Rochdale will like our pitch
    Last edited by millertop; 07-03-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Plus they played mid week and we didn't.
    Hopefully we won't be rusty after a two week break

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast