+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fulham 3 United 0 - report

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    The MESSIAH MUST STAY,altho one or two on different forums are beginin to question him Marvin,BONKERS i tell ya.UTCB
    Question our manager?,ferking muppets I bet this time last year they were the ones saying In Wilder we trust,yeah you trust him as long as we win every game,*******

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    So the decision to let the Prince try and buy Blades Leisure Ltd was based purely on a spat over a DOF role? Nothing to do with lack of investment?
    Wasn't the 'investment' to come from the Prince?

Isn't the argument a 'calling out' about who is not prepared to match whom with investment and this has brought matters to a head?

A little spurious really as, unless one of them is bringing major money along with them in the form of outside investment, then neither of them appear to have enough themselves to back a meaningful challenge and (overly?) ambitious manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    So the decision to let the Prince try and buy Blades Leisure Ltd was based purely on a spat over a DOF role? Nothing to do with lack of investment?
    Is that what I said? ( The answer is no). It's still murky around the buy out but as has been pointed out many times the process was started by McCabe.

I still can't work out what the three year boardroom battle comment relates to.
    Last edited by Holden_C; 08-03-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Isn't the argument a 'calling out' about who is not prepared to match whom with investment and this has brought matters to a head?

A little spurious really as, unless one of them is bringing major money along with them in the form of outside investment, then neither of them appear to have enough themselves to back a meaningful challenge and (overly?) ambitious manager.
    As I alluded to the DOF thing brought matters to a head, bringing the parties to the table earlier than expected. An S2 poster gave me a detailed summary of what had gone on and it checked out with the one person who has given me genuine itk info in the past, which I can count on one hand.

McCabe has said he's going nowhere, and unless he's overplayed his hand, I tend to believe him. I have nothing against the Prince but it will come as no surprise that I'd rather McCabe stayed involved when his backers stump up the cash.

Re lack of investment, there's been 50/50 all the way up till last season, something's happened since then. Probably September/October last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    As I alluded to the DOF thing brought matters to a head, bringing the parties to the table earlier than expected. An S2 poster gave me a detailed summary of what had gone on and it checked out with the one person who has given me genuine itk info in the past, which I can count on one hand.

McCabe has said he's going nowhere, and unless he's overplayed his hand, I tend to believe him. I have nothing against the Prince but it will come as no surprise that I'd rather McCabe stayed involved when his backers stump up the cash.

Re lack of investment, there's been 50/50 all the way up till last season, something's happened since then. Probably September/October last year.
    Cheers HC.

Do you think (or ITK) that McC has found some serious backers then?

If so, good, if not, and the prince walks, then we are worse off as we have no one to match McC's ( limited )investment.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Cheers HC.

Do you think (or ITK) that McC has found some serious backers then?

If so, good, if not, and the prince walks, then we are worse off as we have no one to match McC's ( limited )investment.
    The itk bit was about the DOF. I'm assuming he must have backers lined up - as I'd think the Prince must have - to enable for a deal to be done either way. The Prince will want at least his £17m share investment back as will McCabe plus the real estate. Then standing alone they would have to cover any losses AND invest in the te. Unlikely either of them can do that.

If I were to guess, and that's all it is, I'd say KMc has been cute and got his backers lined up already, because he pushed the process. Maybe catching HRH on the back foot. Even though it's about the FC this is business not the running of it. In business, he's a player and no ones fool. Again, that's not a criticism of the Prince or his business acumen.

hes got to have hasnt he tt ? and surely mcabe if he has activated this clause must be confident his new backers can not only buy the prince out but also provide the funds for team recruitment in the summer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast