+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Away Form

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    On the match thread Jackal suggests the two home defeats against Exeter and Crawley could cost us dearly in the automatic promotion chase.

I'd suggest our away form is having a far greater effect.

1 win in our last 13 away games. 10 points out of a possible 39.

During those 13 games we've played 8 of the bottom 12, the only win coming at Morecambe.
    I'm just going on the principle that any points away from home are always good points. The perfect recipe for promotion has always been to win your home games and pick up as many draws (and wins, if possible) away. I'd like us to win a few more away games, but the fact is that six points against Exeter and Crawley at home would have given us a good cushion in the top three with only a handful of games left. Draws away at places like Newport and Cheltenham are not bad results in themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Thank you red boy
    Not red dear, black & white through and through but sceptical for sure

Away form is over rated. A bit like having a 20 goal a season striker. Neither guarantee success. Look at FGR and Cheltenham, both have players on course for 20 goals, neither is anywhere near promotion. Yes it CAN help, Kee at Accy being a good example.
    Win all our home games and I guarantee play offs. We have generally been better against the better sides in our division, and the results back that up. Pick up 6 points away and 9 at home will see us home too IMO.
    Anyway, it has been much more enjoyable battling at the right end of the table, regardless of people like Durham and Tarquin telling us we are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    Not red dear, black & white through and through but sceptical for sure
    p

Joe doesn't do sceptical, he would watch any old tripe.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    p

Joe doesn't do sceptical, he would watch any old tripe.

Spot on if its Notts County in 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Away form is over rated. A bit like having a 20 goal a season striker. Neither guarantee success. Look at FGR and Cheltenham, both have players on course for 20 goals, neither is anywhere near promotion. Yes it CAN help, Kee at Accy being a good example.
    Win all our home games and I guarantee play offs. We have generally been better against the better sides in our division, and the results back that up. Pick up 6 points away and 9 at home will see us home too IMO.
    Anyway, it has been much more enjoyable battling at the right end of the table, regardless of people like Durham and Tarquin telling us we are crap.
    Hold your horses 78, I have never said we "are crap"......what I do not understand is why Nolo keeps bigging up the opposition then settling for a point......the reason why Barnet, FGR, and Cheltenham are all in the bottom half are because they are shyte.....if we have serious intentions of getting promoted then we should be battering them.

We have recently lost to Barnet, scored a 96th minute equaliser against FGR earlier in the season, at home, and clung onto a draw against Chelters after being in the lead a few days ago.....I am not making these results up......having said that, I will back Notts to batter FGR 3~1 next saturday

I am the eternal optimist.....or possibly the diurnal moaning optimist

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Hold your horses 78, I have never said we "are crap"......what I do not understand is why Nolo keeps bigging up the opposition then settling for a point......the reason why Barnet, FGR, and Cheltenham are all in the bottom half are because they are shyte.....if we have serious intentions of getting promoted then we should be battering them.

We have recently lost to Barnet, scored a 96th minute equaliser against FGR earlier in the season, at home, and clung onto a draw against Chelters after being in the lead a few days ago.....I am not making these results up......having said that, I will back Notts to batter FGR 3~1 next saturday

I am the eternal optimist.....or possibly the diurnal moaning optimist
    We are guaranteed one goal against FGR as Hollis will be playing for them. Happy Days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Spot on if its Notts County in 3rd.
    I think likewise Joe and take a positive from 3rd place, but then again what do I know about Notts County I've only been a supporter since 1950. Which compared to these modern day Football Geniuses is f**k all time, so I rest my case.

One totally disillusioned supporter regarding my so called fellow supporters attitudes, call yourself supporters, I suggest you check out the definition of the word supporter in the Oxford Dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by bridg4d_pie_ View Post
    i think likewise joe and take a positive from 3rd place, but then again what do i know about notts county i've only been a supporter since 1950. Which compared to these modern day football geniuses is f**k all time, so i rest my case.

One totally disillusioned supporter regarding my so called fellow supporters attitudes, call yourself supporters, i suggest you check out the definition of the word supporter in the oxford dictionary.

view full results for 'supporter'

pronunciation:
    Brit. /səˈpɔːtə/
    , u.s. /səˈpɔrdər/
    forms: Lme supportur, lme supportoure, lme 16 supportour, lme– supporter, 15 suporter... (show more)
    frequency (in current use):
    Origin: Formed within english, by derivation. Etymons: Support v., -er suffix1.
    Etymology: < support v. + -er suffix1. Compare post-classical latin supportator... (show more)

1. Notts county: Delighted if not in a relegation fight. Persists with sore neck from looking up, both the league tables and the ball. Eats pies and mushy peas when available.

2. Manchester united: Distraught if not in top 3 or missing out on champions league winners. Eats prawn sandwiches washed down with champagne.

3. Nottingham forest: Refuse to accept the reality of being entrenched in 2nd tier football. Fight over pies.
    hth.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    hth.
    I wondered who I could wind up first, I could not believe the great odds I received at Ladbrokes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast